Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PerfMon Multiple Threads

Jon

Love this script. I used to have one I wrote to capture similar info but it required me to do much post-processing to the output to see what was happening. Your's just runs and gives me what I want, very nice.

My issue is; I recently noticed 2 threads with your script running. I killed both, restarted HS but now I see 2 again. 1 is from Yesterday - 21:28:15.6230 and is the WaitSleepJoin state, the other is from Today - 6:06:13.0602 and is in the WaitSleepJoin state. I see nothing unusual in the log at either of these 2 times. Your script runs every minute and I have no idea how long this multi-thread thing has been happening.

Suggestions?

It's time to rebuild this box so if you want me to go ahead and do that and then monitor for a re-occurrance I can do that, got a long weekend starting today.

Frank

Frank,

Did you check the 'allow only one instance of the script to run' in the event that fires the script?
    Jon

Comment

Oops, you did say to check that. I have now. Will watch to see what happens.

Thanks Jon

Frank

Comment

I suspect you have lots running around 6:05AM which is delaying the finish of the script. By checking the single instance, the next scheduled run will be aborted at this time.
        Jon

Comment

That seems to have done it Jon.

Don't have alot of scripts running around 6am but several .txt ones that scrape some web pages and may not be sharing well with others.

Thanks

Frank

Comment

Great!

All txt scripts share a single thread - try and convert them to vb (if you can) to get better performance in HS.
            Jon

Comment

I have converted most of my frequently run scipts to vb but the ones that only run once a day I have not bothered with yet. Is it really worth the effort? I sort of thought that the memory commitment to having in memory scripts for things infrequently run (once a day) wasn't worth the resource burn.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-Evil View Post
                I have converted most of my frequently run scipts to vb but the ones that only run once a day I have not bothered with yet. Is it really worth the effort? I sort of thought that the memory commitment to having in memory scripts for things infrequently run (once a day) wasn't worth the resource burn.

Frank
                It all depends what the scripts do and if you run them concurrently. If they process lots of info, it is better to convert them IMO.
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X