No announcement yet.

Jon00 Whois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you seeing the script being run in the HS log every XXX minutes?
    Jon

Comment

I also use your log monitor to trap web-server logins and send me an email, so rather than running the script every hour, I added an action to run the script to the log monitor event. Indeed when I had the attempted login, the whois script did run. But it didn't update the virtual device or whois.asp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
        I also use your log monitor to trap web-server logins and send me an email, so rather than running the script every hour, I added an action to run the script to the log monitor event. Indeed when I had the attempted login, the whois script did run. But it didn't update the virtual device or whois.asp.
        Would you please try running this as intended as it is impossible for me to determine the issue without that constant. What is the problem with running this hourly?
        Jon

Comment

OK - there is no problem to run it hourly, but I just felt there was a certain "elegance" in adding it to the logmon event. The idea being that if I received the email warning, then I would also see the updated whois info immediately. But I have also run whois manually, and as I mentioned, the virtual device info is not updated. However, the "Last Change" field *does* show the latest time.

Comment

Yes please run it hourly and also check the Whois web page for the entries. If they are shown there but they are not updating the virtual devices then I will need to look deeper.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X