No announcement yet.

Jon00 Whois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you seeing the script being run in the HS log every XXX minutes?
    Jon

Comment

I also use your log monitor to trap web-server logins and send me an email, so rather than running the script every hour, I added an action to run the script to the log monitor event. Indeed when I had the attempted login, the whois script did run. But it didn't update the virtual device or whois.asp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
        I also use your log monitor to trap web-server logins and send me an email, so rather than running the script every hour, I added an action to run the script to the log monitor event. Indeed when I had the attempted login, the whois script did run. But it didn't update the virtual device or whois.asp.
        Would you please try running this as intended as it is impossible for me to determine the issue without that constant. What is the problem with running this hourly?
        Jon

Comment

OK - there is no problem to run it hourly, but I just felt there was a certain "elegance" in adding it to the logmon event. The idea being that if I received the email warning, then I would also see the updated whois info immediately. But I have also run whois manually, and as I mentioned, the virtual device info is not updated. However, the "Last Change" field *does* show the latest time.

Comment

Yes please run it hourly and also check the Whois web page for the entries. If they are shown there but they are not updating the virtual devices then I will need to look deeper.
            Jon

Comment

I have a weird issue. I moved to HS4. I installed the Whois package and copy over my old text file and it worked in 4.0.1.2 perfectly. Running on Win 10 and updates on Win 10 differed for max length. Everytime I have a stable version of HS running, I zip up the whole folder and store it safe. I did that last week. Today I noticed Whois had no failed logins for a few days...Normally I have CHINA login attempts daily....That's were I get hammered the most.

Checking my log I see this error:
              8/06/2020 23:43:08 Script Jon00_Whois Error in Main block 2 (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

So then I check to see when this started. It started today at 16:36 today. Not one before that and my log goes back to the 1st.
              No updates applied, Skipped the NEW HS4 release as well.

I copied over the top, the last HS4 stable zip I had from 8/2. Still same error. I am perplexed as to what could be happening, It was running fine.

As a last ditch effort, I restored WIn 10 to 8/1 and still get the same error. I decided to delete the whois.txt file in case it was corrupted. Still no joy.

I know you don't specifically say this works in HS4, but I can tell you it did work well. I restored the text file. I am still able to visit the webpage, but no new data as the script fails as described.

Any ideas/help - I love this Script!

-RIchard

Date & Time IP Address i Type User Visits Country Network Name Contact Name Address Server
              8/4/2020 4:35:46 PM 139.199.220.19 Blocked Unknown 1 China TencentCloud James Tian 9F, FIYTA Building, Gaoxinn... APNIC
              8/3/2020 10:25:14 PM 122.115.55.29 Blocked Unknown 1 China Qishangonline Jia Xiaojie A4, 5th Floor, Tower C, Tri... APNIC
              8/3/2020 2:01:51 PM 130.61.48.180 Blocked Unknown 1 United States Oracle Corporation Oracle Public Cloud 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood... ARIN
              8/1/2020 8:22:44 PM 123.158.49.120 Blocked Unknown 1 China UNICOM-ZJ ChinaUnicom Hostm... No.21,Jin-Rong Street, Beij... APNIC
              8/1/2020 5:16:55 AM 129.204.239.207 Blocked Unknown 1 China TENCENT-CN Tencent Cloud adm... Floor 6, Yinke Building, 38... APNIC
              7/31/2020 7:20:48 PM 115.28.138.84 Blocked Unknown 1 China ALISOFT Li Jia NO.969 West Wen Yi Road, Yu... APNIC
              7/30/2020 4:59:09 PM 195.54.160.21 Blocked Unknown 1 Russian Federation RU-HOSTWAY-20191220 Hostway Pargolovo, 4-y Verkhniy per... RIPE

Comment

From the error, it could be a corrupt log file. Delete your HomeSeerLog.hsd log file and restart HS4.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  From the error, it could be a corrupt log file. Delete your HomeSeerLog.hsd log file and restart HS4.
                  Thanks for the quick reply. I actually deleted the last entry in the whois.txt think it may be corrupt. I need to load it up in notepad++ to see what is wrong with the last entry. BEcause, when I deleted it, the error was gone. I did not delete the HS log, but good to know nonetheless. Do you want me to follow up with any spurious/odd characters that might reveal themself?

-RIchard

Comment

The error is caused when reading the HS Log. This it does every time the script is run and then processes any new log entries since last ran. Therefore I don't think it is anything to do with Whois.txt as that is only written once the IP addresses have been extracted etc.

Jon

Comment

The error is caused when reading the HS Log. This it does every time the script is run and then processes any new log entries since last ran. Therefore I don't think it is anything to do with Whois.txt as that is only written once the IP addresses have been extracted etc.
                      Strange indeed. I didn't clear the HS log. I also found nothing in whois.txt, but as stated that isn't part of the equation.

Comment

Hey Jon, one more question, is there a quick fix for this error when attempting a search?

Error in whoisaspx block 7 (String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.)

No mater the date(s) tried, it throws that response on the web page. No entry in HS4, just the response after hitting 'Submit'

The page load shows this as the URL;
                        PHP Code:
                        http://10.0.0.17/Whois.aspx?Search=174.182.1.1&dp1=2020%2F08%2F03&dp2==2020%2F08%2F07 
                        Thanks,-RIchard

Comment

Did you set the date format in the settings?
                          Jon

Comment

Did you set the date format in the settings?
                            I looked through the PDF doc and I don't see a setting in the ini file to set a date format. Is this a HS ini setting? Is it undocumented?

Comment

Which version of Whois are you using? (Open up Jon00Whois.ini and look under [Info])
                              Jon

Comment

Which version of Whois are you using? (Open up Jon00Whois.ini and look under [Info])
                                [Info]
                                Version=V1.0.2

However my file is named Jon00WhoisHS3.ini
                                The PDF doc refers to it as you typed it above ->Jon00Whois.ini

Upon further review, it is referred to (ini file) both ways in your Doc. Probably due to numerous updates and just a miss on catching the ini naming convention in the last released version.

-RIchard

Last edited by Nacman; August 8, 2020, 08:18 AM. Reason: Clarificartion

Comment

Working...
                                X