Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Whois

Jon,

i have been using your whois script for a while. I don't get many visitors to my site but recently i noticed it stopped recognising any of the name, id etc. It just shows as -

see screen shot

Has something broke?

Thanks

Neil
    Attached Files
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Neil,

Are there any errors in the log?

Try and re-install the package to make sure everything is registered correctly.

Also make sure port 43 is not blocked by your firewall.
    Jon

Comment

I had this problem a little while ago, firt time it had happened.

I re-installed and all was well.

No idea what had gone wrong. Gremlins again.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hello jon,

i have installed your whois script
        everything works except whois/whois.asp
        i getting the message no data
        i see in the log that somewhone has loging in
        i have 3 devices whith the ip number and country

can you help me to clear this out

ed
        Attached Files

Comment

I think it's an international language problem.

Open up Whois.asp in a text editor.

Find the line:

If fs.fileexists(Path)="True" Then

Change it to:

If fs.fileexists(Path) Then

See if that corrects the issue.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks jon,

you did it again
            al works fine now

ed

Comment

Hi Jon,

Started getting these errors in my log a few days ago:
              Dec-26 9:46:33 AM Jon00_Whois Whois Error: No or incorrect Data!
              I get five of those entries every time the script runs. Any idea what generates that message? Is it having trouble accessing the website it is trying to reach or is it related to accessing the HS log? The two web pages are working properly and I can do a lookup using whoislookup.aspx. Thoughts?

Thanks
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You would get that error if the result back from the Whois lookup is not consistent with what it expects. Therefore I assume something other than an IP address is being sent to be checked.

Take a look at the entries in whois.txt (\Data\Jon00\Whois folder) which is read to send to the Whois servers..
                Jon

Comment

Nothing recent in there. Only entries from back in Feb 2017 that are all in this format:

PHP Code:
                  2/25/2017 6:12:13 PM207.228.78.66Failed Login by unknown1TELUS Communications Inc.TACETELUS Communications Inc.10 3777 KingswayBurnabyBCV5H-3Z7CanadaIPadmin@telus.comabuse@telus.com+1-877-945-8220ARIN 

Comment

The script has little debugging but you can add Debug=1 under [Settings] in the Whois.ini file

I may need to add more but check first the debug log under \Data\Jon00\Whois\debug.log
                    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, see attached for my files. I realized I was one version behind, so upgraded, but the same issue persists with the new version.

Thanks
                      Al

Comment

Mine also has been throwing that error since December 11. I chose to disable running the script until I had time to investigate. Looking at my whois.txt, it is a complete mess. It is only showing local logins since march of this year.

Code:
                        3/5/2018 10:46:28 AM192.168.2.36Authorized Local Login by admin1----Local-----
                        3/5/2018 12:54:35 PM192.168.2.36Authorized Local Login by admin2----Local-----

12/12/2018 7:05:26 AM192.168.2.37Authorized Local Login by admin17----Local-----
                        12/12/2018 10:00:30 AM192.168.2.37Authorized Local Login by admin18----Local-----
                        There are no entries from March 2017 until March 2018. All of the entries earlier than March 2017 are remote logins.

Code:
                        3/20/2017 12:58:10 PM73.95.132.237Authorized Login by admin1Comcast Cable Communications, LLCCCCS1800 Bishops Gate Blvd, Mount Laurel, NJ, 08054United StatesCNIPEO-Ip-registration@cable.comcast.comabuse@comcast.net+1-888-565-4329ARIN
                        I backed that file up and deleted it, then restarted the recurring event and it created the attached file showing only local logins. I have logged in remotely a number of times this year.

Launching Whois.aspx only gives me this:

Error in whoisaspx block 6 (String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.)
                        Attached Files
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I also updated to the latest just now. No change. Debug file attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Launching Whois.aspx only gives me this:

Error in whoisaspx block 6 (String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.)
                            Hi Randy,

For that error, try changing DateFormat="0" to DateFormat="1" in the ini file.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Thanks. That is what I get for hurrying. I replaced my original config file with the default when I updated to the latest version earlier this month when I started getting the error. I just went back to my notes and it seems I installed the newest version on December 13. That is also when I disabled the recurring event running the script.

Comment

Working...
                              X