Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change background color of one cell - Web Page Builder

Jon,

I searched your threads and found some info, but not exactly what I am looking for.

I would like to change the text color or background color of a device value or device status.

For example, if the device is on I would like the it to display as ON but when off display as OFF.

The style sheet will allow changing an entire column or section, but is there a way to change one cell?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Steve,

There is no way to dynamically change the colour of a font/background depending on it's condition with this package alone. All you can do is to use an event with conditions to update the devicestring to do this for you.

You can change the font colour per cell by just adding a small bit of HTML in the ini file i.e.

PHP Code:
    Column1Section1-1Left=<span style='color: #FFFF00;'>your text here</span
    You can also change the background (but not the entire cell width) by using the following code:

PHP Code:
    Column1Section1-1Left=<span style='background-color: #FFFF00; width: 100%; height: 100%;'>Your text here</span
    Jon

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot about the dynamic nature of my request; never got that far. I was just thinking about how to format it. I tried your suggestion about changing the device string to include meta tags and store it in the device. This works, but I can't really do this because I have other scripts that look at the device string. I guess I could change the scripts but I don't think it's worth the effort.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Q
      Last edited by Steve Q; August 22, 2008, 02:20 PM.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Actually, I think I've changed my mind. If you wrap the meta tags around the the string that is stored as the device string, it shows up in color on all web pages. Makes it easy to see on the Homeseer Status Page as well as on your Web Page Builder created page.

I will change 2 devices and run for awhile to see if Homeseer is happy with meta tags embedded in the device string field.

By the way if you are wondering why I am doing this; I am using this for DS10A devices that monitor my appliances. Instead of using the ACRF2 status as "Normal" or "Alert", I am changing the devices to ON/OFF.

Steve Q
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X