Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Script

Jon,

After a battle with the last beta, (more info can be found in the .120 beta thread) the email script is not working. This is the error I get

8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Jon00s Check Email"
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Info - Running script in background: CheckEmailPOP_V3_HS2.vben("main","normal")
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Checking Jack's Email for E-Mail (mailbox 1)
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Error in Pops subroutine Block B: 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set.
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Error in Pops subroutine Block C: 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set.
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - There are no changes at the mail server for Jack's Email
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Error in Pops subroutine Block T: 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set.
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Jack's Email has 0 new emails
    8/24/2008 9:24:59 AM - Jon00_Email - Jack's Email has 0 emails in this mailbox

Now I had to restore my HomeTroller to "day one" and then I copied my existing config over the top, and after a lot of tweaking and such I basically have it back where it was, all the settings in the email setup appear to be correct. Has anyone else reported an issue with beta .120?
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Jack,

You will need to re-install the script to allow proper installation. Make sure you save to the c-drive and then install the patch for the latest betas. Your ini file should be backed up just in case!
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Everything is back to normal

Jack
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Great!

I bet you miss this app when it's not working!
        Jon

Comment

I've not had this "not work", but I can imagine it being VERY annoying if it stopped!

Thanks again for the great script! (I love to take advantages to thank authors of their hard work)

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Great!

I bet you miss this app when it's not working!

You got that right, You don't realize how much time you waste checking email. I have outside speakers and can be out taking care of my animals or in the greenhouse and hear when I have an email arrive and then decide if it is worth going to check it out. I need to go thru the docs and set it up to be selective so my wife doesn't hear "your amazon.com order has shipped" etc

Absoutely an app I can not live without
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?

Comment

Thanks both.

I know I wrote this but I cannot live without it either!
              Jon

Comment

Just spent the last several hours setting up CNN breaking News with the script. Several reinstalls from the updater later...

There seems to be a problem with the StartSpeaking and StopSpeaking settings under [CNN_BREAKING_NEWS]. Unless I leave these blank, I get a nasty log error, summarized as: "Conversion from string "21:3022:00" to type 'Date' is not valid.", where 21:30 would be my preferred stop speaking time. Same happens for start speaking, "Conversion from string "05:0506:00" to type 'Date' is not valid." where 05:05 would be my preferred time. 6AM and 10PM will work for me so I've just set both settings to "" for now, assuming that's what the script will use.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I'm not sure if it is an issue but it looks like I have not updated the CNN script in my downloads page. Try the attached.

My ini file settings are as follows:

[CNN_BREAKING_NEWS]
                  Housecode="N30"
                  Startspeaking="08:00"
                  Stopspeaking="23:30"
                  Playintrowav=1
                  Playintrospeech=0
                  Playbackgroundwav=1
                  Speakerclient=""
                  Testmode=0
                  IntroWavefilename="CNNAnnounce1.wav"
                  BackgroundWavefilenameLong="CNN_Long.wav"
                  BackgroundWavefilenameShort="CNN_Short.wav"
                  Attached Files
                  Jon

Comment

Compared the two versions and in the one I have:

Startspeaking = Startspeaking & "06:00"
                    Stopspeaking = Stopspeaking & "22:00"

which would explain it.

This version:

Startspeaking = Startspeaking & ":00"
                    Stopspeaking = Stopspeaking & ":00"

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks. I'll update it later. Use the latest as it combats some of CNN's email changes they do from time to time.
                      Jon

Comment

One other thing I noticed is that in checkpop.ini, under the [Settings] heading, Returnaddress has a double quote: Returnaddress=""returnaddress@dada.da" (can't remember the original). Easy to fix if noticed, but might cause trouble for some. I seldom send email from the HS machine so it didn't affect me.

Comment

absolutely love this script, but I finally had to setup a virtual I can trigger as a condition to temperarily disable it. I just got busted again from the wife, I bought something online and Susi starts blabbing about getting an email from Paypal and payment sent.... seconds later the wife comes in the office "Now what did you buy?"

So I set up a virtual and condition, now to just remeber to trigger the condition until I can download the mail from my server
                          Over The Hill
                          What Hill?
                          Where?
                          When?

Comment

You can add keywords so that it does not speak if it finds that word in the subject line. Paypal & Ebay are two that you could add!
                            Jon

Comment

I've just installed 3.0.26 and decided to turn off message delete confirmation.
                              I get an error to the effect "you have no messages marked for deletion" when I attempt to delete messages while this option is set.

Comment

Working...
                              X