Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Camera picture in web page builder

Jon,

I have added a jpeg photo from my security camera to my web page. The photo is supposed to be the most recent camera image. I noticed however that the photo that is displayed on the web page is not the current photo but the photo that was on the page the last time the page was loaded. To get the current camera image I must refresh the page. Is there anyway to force the page to reload the image every time the page is called?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

This is most likely a browser issue. Some browsers cache the images (which is what you are seeing), whist others like IE do not.

Which browser as you using - is this Safari on the iTouch?
    Jon

Comment

I think it's a camera issue (for me at least, because it happens even if I don't use caching or a browser at all to download the image). And I get around that by "downloading the image" twice with a 100 ms delay, then the second download will be the "latest picture".
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
      X