Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim not working (Web builder)

Hey Jon00,

First of all, thank you for an excellent plugin. I love it!

OK, I am running HS 2.2.0.66 with version 2.04 of your plugin.

The problem I am having is with devices that can DIM. I have two devices setup in Quickview, one is ZWave, the other is X10. I can't seem to get either of them to obey the dim commands. When done via the normal HS status screen, they dim fine.

I've tried all the methods, DDim, Dimab and Dimbf. I've tried them with both the ZWave unit and the X10 unit. The device does nothing at all and remains off in the normal status page.

Here is an example of one of the entries. (Not that DDim was the last one I tried.. not the only one I tried )

ButtonDevice On ,Landing Lamp=on||80%, Landing Lamp=DDim=80%||60%, Landing Lamp=DDim=60%||40%, Landing Lamp=DDim=40%||20%, Landing Lamp=DDim=20%||Off ,Landing Lamp=off
    Any help appreciated. It's got me stumped.

Can you get a button to turn the devices on/off? (I need to make sure that you have specified the location/device correctly.)
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Can you get a button to turn the devices on/off? (I need to make sure that you have specified the location/device correctly.)
      Hi Jon00, thanks for the reply !

Yes indeed, the on and off commands work perfectly. It just appears to be dim commands.

Comment

Most odd. I've tried it here and it's working fine?

The method to control devices is just the standard way recommended using html pages. The Homeseer help pages. Take a look here to see if this can help you with the correct dim command and format.
        Jon

Comment

OK, fixed it

This does NOT work...

Column2Section2-2Right=ButtonDevice On, Landing Lamp=on||80%, Landing Lamp=DDIm=80%||60%, Landing Lamp=DDIm=60%||40%, Landing Lamp=DDIm=40%||20%, Landing Lamp=DDIm=20%||Off , Landing Lamp=off
          This DOES work..

Column2Section2-2Right=ButtonDevice On,Landing Lamp=on||80%,Landing Lamp=DDIm=80%||60%,Landing Lamp=DDIm=60%||40%,Landing Lamp=DDIm=40%||20%,Landing Lamp=DDIm=20%||Off,Landing Lamp=off
          It turn out that the space between the "," and the device name causes this problem. E.g "80%, Landing Lamp=DDim=80%" versus "80%,Landing Lamp=DDim=80%"

Many Thanks

Marc

Comment

Thanks. I'll make sure spaces are trimmed in the next version.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              Thanks. I'll make sure spaces are trimmed in the next version.
              Cheers Jon00, your a star !

Loving this plugin

Comment

Working...
              X