Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounts Link Error

Hey Jon00,

After having great fun playing with your web builder, I thought I would take a look at some of the other stuff you've done. I then stumbled on Account Links !! wow, what a great little package !

So I'm here testing it and configuring it up and have come upon a problem. I am trying to use a drop down button with link to some websites. I have this in my file..

Button1Text="Auctions||Auction Sniper||Ebay||Paypal"
    Button1ToolTip="Auction Related Links"
    Button1URL="||http://www.auctionsniper.com/mysnipes.aspx/||http://www.ebay.co.uk/||https://www.paypal.com/uk/"
    Button1Type="8"
    Button1NewPage="1"
    Button1Width=""
    This displays the button fine and the drop down list looks good. Until I try to click on one of the entries. I then get a Javascript error.

Line: 43
    Char: 1
    Error: 'document.ALForm.A3menu1.options' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/AccountLinksEditor.ash
    I am viewing it in IE6.

Any help appreciated.

To be honest, I do not know. I've just copied your ini file in to mine and tried it on IE6, IE7 and Fire Fox. All are working correctly. Would you please try this on another machine to see if that works?
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately after trying it on 4 PC's, 2 of which were not my own, I am getting the exact same error

They were a mix of IE6, IE7 and Firefox 3

Comment

Is this only with the drop down boxes or when using buttons as well?

Also what version of HS are you on?
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

Yes it's only with the drop down boxes. All the other buttons work great. Unfortunately the drop down boxes were a large part of what I wanted to use this plugin for

I am running HS version 2.2.0.66

Many thanks !

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Would you email me your links.htm, Links.ash and Accountlinks.ini file to me. I will add them to my machine to see if something is corrupt.
            Jon

Comment

On it's way to you now Jon00.

Many thanks

Marc

Comment

Ok, I just tried this on a second copy of Homeseer on a different machine with your settings and it still functioning correctly on all browsers. I'm currently at a loss with this one.
                Jon

Comment

My last post was not related to the files that you are sending - they have not appeared yet..probably stuck in Yahoo land!
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    My last post was not related to the files that you are sending - they have not appeared yet..probably stuck in Yahoo land!
                    Ah, I think they went to your btinternet account (got the your addy from your website).

I also have the uncanny knack of always ending up in peoples spam folders... no idea why.. the internet has something against me

Many thanks

Marc

Comment

btinternet is handled by yahoo - yes found your post in the spam folder!
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        btinternet is handled by yahoo - yes found your post in the spam folder!
                        ROFL, told you.. they are out to get me I tells ya !!

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Marc,

With your ini file, I can reproduce the issue. It looks like it's related only with the defaultuser_lineX settings.

Do you have a user account in Homeseer? if so try the ini file with that i.e. if it is Marc, use

[Marc_Line1] rather than [defaultuser_line1] etc

see if that works for the moment. I'll need to look in to this.
                          Jon

Comment

OOps, forget that - that too is erroring
                            Jon

Comment

rofl, yes.. just found that myself too

Comment

Working...
                              X