Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutdown a networked PC/Server command?

Jon

first thanks for the motherboard monitor script. I have several NAS drives that I monitor and need a command to shut them down if the temp get's to high...IE server room fans/AC fail.

Kevin

Not sure about NAS drives but you can use psshutdown to shutdown remote PC's http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897541.aspx
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Since the last M$ upgrade I can now longer get Psshutdown to access remote computers.

It's probably my set up with permissions etc.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        Jon,

Since the last M$ upgrade I can now longer get Psshutdown to access remote computers.

It's probably my set up with permissions etc.
        I can't seem to get PSShutdown to work either ... I'm trying to shut down my media PC whenever I leave the house, in an effort to save power and generate less heat in the wiring closet.

I could connect the PC to a z-wave plug-in relay switch, which would do the trick, but seems a little rough on the system over time. I'd rather shut the system down, turn the z-wave switch off, and then turn the z-wave switch back on when I get home (which would trigger the power on for the media PC).

I'm executing PSShutdown, and it works on the local PC. When I enter in the name of the media PC it pops up the window showing that it's connecting to the remote PC and everything looks like it's working, but nothing happens.

Thoughts?

(The media PC is on XP Pro)

Comment

Working...
        X