Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to use Jon's RSS script with google calendar RSS Feed

Jon,
    I am trying to use your excellent RSS script with the RSS feed from google calendar without much success. Do you know if anyone has done this successfully? I don't think the problem is with your script but maybe with the google feed. I can get the events from my calander in a virtual device but with no dates (useless) I also get alot of blank entries. I am hoping to use TTS to anounce events from my google calendar. When I past the feed URL into a browser I do get the dates, status, and description. Is the format of this feed not being recognised by your script?

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

I don't use Google calender so it's difficult to comment. I tried to search & see if there was an example feed somewhere without success. If you can direct me to a feed, I can take a look.
    Jon

Comment

Google Calendar Feed

Jon,
      I sent a URL to a test google calendar feed to you in a PM.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

Tom,

It looks like Google are using ATOM feeds (an alternative/rival to RSS) which is a slightly different format and the reason things are not working correctly.

To assist you, I have added a new element called 'Summary' which hopefully will display enough information for you. It's a bit of a bodge and i don't want to go any further with this as it stands. This mod will not affect existing RSS feeds. Please read the instructions again as there are new settings for displaying & speaking this element.

You can download V1.05 from my site.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Jon,
          Thanks for the quick response. I am getting closer. I downloaded and installed version 1.05 and the dates now appear in the virtual device. It still works properly with another RSS feed like the HS message board feed.

I followed your instruction document for speaking the feed however it will only speak 1 entry from the virtual device. This happens with both the RSS feed (HS message board) and the ATOM feed from Google calendar. I am looking for something maybe in the INI file to control this?

Thanks again for getting me closer to a solution

Tom

Comment

Tom,

Something I should have placed in the ini file but it is currently set to read only one item.

You can change this however if you wish. Open up MyRSS.vb and find the line:

If Items=1 then exit for

Change the 1 to any number you like (i.e. 3 will read the first 3 etc)
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon.
              As Tom in this old post i'm trying to use your rss script to read google agenda events.
              It works great but i don't know how make a filter for:
              -Showing day's events
              -Showing tomorrow events.

Can you help me Jon?

Thanx

Comment

Working...
              X