Filegrabber broken under HS 2.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filegrabber broken under HS 2.3?

I am out of town on business and had to use Filegrabber to update a file on my site. I've used it many times before, but the upload didn't seem to work at all last night. I would assume it is something with HS 2.3, since I don't think I've changed anything else since the last time I uploaded with it.

From the upload page, where it says "Select files to upload", I can browse and select files, but when I push the upload file button it comes back almost immediately, and the file is not uploaded.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Steve

Steve,

I'm on HS Version 2.3.0.9 and just tried it...upload seems to be working fine for me.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Maybe it is certain file types? I did some experimenting, and got a short INI file to go, but any of my ASPX files (one of which was the source of my problem here) don't go. I thought maybe it wouldn't let me upload to the HTML directory, so I tried uploading to C:\temp and still had the problem.

I don't know what version I have. Is there a way to tell (remotely)?

I know I've used this to re-upload edited ASPX files before, and don't think I am doing anything different....

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I've just uploaded an ASPX file to the html folder and that works too?

Just download filegrabber.asp itself as a zip file and then open it up in a text editor. Current version is 1.08
        Jon

Comment

Jon,

Well, I don't get it. I tried four times to upload some files from my laptop to C:\Temp. I tried two different ASPX files, a ZIP file, a MDB file, and a TXT file. For the two ASPX files, when I press "Upload", the file spec line is cleared and the status line at the bottom of the window stays blank, and when I go look at the directory again the files are not there. For the TXT, MDB, and ZIP file the status line tells me they have been uploaded, and when I go look again at the directory, Filegrabber shows them there in C:/TEMP as intended. I have no clue what is going on. I guess I can ZIP the files up and upload them, but I'm not sure what is keeping them from moving.

Steve

Comment

Well, I seem to have 1.07 (I grabbed it with Filegrabber to look at it. The Downloads still work!). I guess I'll go to your site to see if the new version is better, although I guess I'll need to VNC in to install it, since I can't upload.

Steve

Comment

I really don't know what the issue is...I tried it from work today and it worked fine.
              Jon

Comment

I had 1.07 installed and that would not upload so i installed 1.08 and now that works.
                One problem with 1.08 shown in attached image when using firefox and safari.

Click image for larger version

Name:	filegrabber.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1155209

Comment

I've been really bad with this particular script in that I never kept a version log. As the grey matter deteriorates, I cannot remember what I did between V1.07 and 1.08

If it works, then Steve you have your answer!

The problem with the Fire-fox issue is easy to resolve:

Open up Filegrabber.asp and look for the line:

HTMLString = HTMLString & "<center><br><table width='100%' height='100%' align='center'><tr>"

Change it to:

HTMLString = HTMLString & "<center><br><table width='100%' align='center'><tr>"

Bad bit of HTML programming on my part!
                  Jon

Comment

I see a few more errors and that the Safari upload page is done a different way.

I'll release V1.09 at the weekend with this sorted!
                    Jon

Comment

V1.09 has now been released: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=102
                      Jon

Comment

Jon,

Well, rats! I got home and tried to see if my problem was just something strange on my company-supplied laptop. So I tried to upload an ASPX file from one machine on my home network to my HS machine. No go. Same symptoms as before.

I then went to your site and downloaded the new version (I like the presets). Unfortunately, I have the same problem with the new version. I haven't tested exhaustively, but it certainly has a problem uploading an ASPX file to my HTML directory.

I realize I'm probably the only one with the problem, so I don't expect anything but sympathy. However, if you have any suggestions of what to look at / for, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Did you install the Web.Config file in your HTML directory? If not add it and see if that makes a difference.

Also check your firewall software to see if any setting is blocking port 80 in either direction/protocol.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon,

Yes I did. I copied everything in the ZIP from the HTML directory. Don't worry it. I'm sure I've got something messed up. I still have some problems with your account links too (not to highjack the thread), so I think I've got something messed up. I don't have a clue what though. I'll try and find some time to do some testing to narrow the symptoms down.

Anyway, don't worry about it. If it is just happening to me, it's clearly not worth your time. I'll work it. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Most odd. I would try uploading directly from the HS server web browser and see if that works (after turning off all firewall/AV software). If that does not work, I'm at a loss?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X