Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Page Builder 2.0 - iTouch template

Jon,

More and more, I am using your iTouch/iPhone template to control my Homeseer devices with my iTouch. It works really great!! I can't live without it.

For quite some time (4 months), everytime I use it, the following error messages appear in my Homeseer log:

12/17/2008 1:28:52 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/apple-touch-icon.png
    12/17/2008 1:28:52 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png

At first only the first error message was appearing but now I am seeing both messages everytime I open the "buildpage.ash" web page. Everything is working OK, but the error message is a bit irritating.

This error is somehow related to the installation of iPhone for HS version 0.20 see thread http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...02&postcount=1. The file listed in the error message is the icon for "iPhone for HS version 0.20 ". Even though I have removed iPhone for HS version 0.20 from my iTouch, the iTouch is still looking for the icon file.

I would like to get rid of this error. Any ideas?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

The png is used to make a home page/favorite icon on the iPhone/iTouch.

You can either make a png file in a graphics package size 57x57 pixels and place this in your Homeseer 2/HTML folder or you can try and add this to the Headdata= entry in the ini after any meta name stuff:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href=""/>

This should remove the error.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Adding
      PHP Code:
      <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href=""/> 
      seemed to work the first time I tried it. But on subsequent tries the error messages came back.

My Header now looks like:

PHP Code:
      Headdata=<meta name='viewport' content='initial-scale=1, user-scalable=no, maximum-scale=1' ><link rel="apple-touch-icon" href=""/> 
      Jon, these error messages are also being generated any time I execute any of my custom HTML pages that I created. Also, if I have an apple-touch-icon.png file in my homeseer/HTML directory it will automatically replace the icon that was originally created for the HTML (or your .ini files). It is a real pain!

Is there some global setting somewhere that triggers Homeseer to look for a default icon?

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Place the new apple-touch-icon.png in your Homeseer 2/html/images folder and change the link rel bit in the headdata to:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/images/apple-touch-icon.png"/>

See if that works.
        Jon

Comment

Jon, Thanks, I got it fixed by creating a "dummy" 57x57 icon. I then put that icon in the /config directory and named it HSControlIcon.png.

I then added
          PHP Code:
          <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="config/HScontrolicon.png"/> 
          to the "head" section of all my HTML files and to your WebPage Builder templates.

The error messages disappeared. I don't quite understand how the icon is used, because Safari/iTouch did not replace the old icon with the new (HSControlIcon.png). But the error messages are now gone.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Q

Comment

Steve,

I was not sure myself - I was just helping with Google holding my hand in places!

It's not really a good thing to put image files in the config directory (however that is your choice) but I would put it back in the html/image folder and just change the link to:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="html/images/HScontrolicon.png"/>

I did not think that it would link back to the Homeseer root folder but obviously it does.
            Jon

Comment

Jon, You're right, it is probably not a good idea to put the icon in the config directory. I stuck it there temporarily because I didn't want Safari to find it. I think I found the same google sites that you did and one of them indicated that Safari will look for a .png file in the directory containing the web page code.

So I moved the HSControlIcon.png file to the html/Images directory and changed the heading as you suggested to:
              <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="html/images/HScontrolicon.png"/>.
              This did not work, the following error occured:
              Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/html/Images/HScontrolicon.png

I then changed the heading link to:
              <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/images/HScontrolicon.png"/>

This eliminated the error message. However, it also changed the icon on the iTouch to HSControlIcon.png which is not what I want. (This might be very useful in the future).

So, I tried moving the HSControlIcon.png to the Homeseer 2/scripts directory but this did not work either and produced the following error:
              Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/scripts/HScontrolicon.png

Now it is looking only in the html subdirectory?

So I have gone back and put the icon file in the config directory because Safari apparently can't default to that directory. For now I am going to leave the HSControlIcon.png file in the config directory even though it is not the best place. When time permits, I think I will create some custom icons for the iTouch and then I will use them for my various web pages.

Steve Q

Comment

Adding an icon to an iTouch web page

Below are photos of some of my iTouch pages that I created using Jon's Web Page Builder 2.0. The first and last photo show a custom Homeseer icon that I created for the iTouch. I created the icon in Paint Shop Pro and saved it as Homeseer_Logo.png to Homeseer 2/html/images folder. I then added:
                <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="Images/Homeseer_Logo.png"/>
                to the web page "head".

Steve Q
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Steve Q; December 19, 2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I have the web page builder but cannot find the iphone template anywhere on here or in Jon00 downloads page... id like to have the iphone template for this..
                  -Christopher
                  PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

It's incorporated within the web page builder download
                    Jon

Comment

the quickview page builder or the jon00control page builder? I have the control builder but didnt see anything related to iphone / itouch
                      -Christopher
                      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Jon00 Homeseer web page builder V2 has the iTouch/iPhone template incorporated in the download.

Jon00 Control (Touchscreen) Interface does not come with a template but works fine with the iPhone/iTouch. I did post a strange looking template on the board here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=369

There is also another new template for it here
                        Last edited by jon00; May 28, 2009, 09:34 AM.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                          the quickview page builder or the jon00control page builder? I have the control builder but didnt see anything related to iphone / itouch
                          -Christopher
                          The template is one of the files that comes with "webpage builder V2". Go to Jon00's website (click on the signature of one of his posts). You will find it in the "Homeseer 2" section under "webserver related".

Steve Q

Comment

Nice HomeSeer icon!
                            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Here's the icon if anybody wants to use it.

Remove the .txt from the end and save it in c:\Progam files\Homeseer 2\html\images

Steve Q
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X