Jon00 Virtual device graphing utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Virtual device graphing utility

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 versions available!
    It currently cannot be used to display values from an external database. If you use my performance monitoring script, the graphs are based on this but with user data and better configuration.

If you want to take captures of the graphs to put in HSTouch or your own web pages, take a look at my HTML to image capture utility here

As always it is available from my site (click on my banner below)

Please make any comments/suggestions here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 26, 2013, 05:48 PM.
    Jon

Thanks Jon

Another great piece of work.
    I have my graphs displaying the last 24 hours at 5 minute intervals.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1155416

Brian

Comment

Thanks very much!

Interesting trends can be seen, like the efficiency (or inefficiency) of your fridge!
      Jon

Comment

Nice work Jon.... I look forward to a play!

David
        ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

EXCELLENT (as always).

Comment

Thanks... As there have been no bugs reported, I must of got this one right the first time
            Jon

Comment

Looks like it's working quite well. Thinking of expanding the number of points on performance monitor as well? (just a thought)

Comment

Jon,
                You read my mind! I was thinking of asking you to consider this capability. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

great tool, two questions:

1/
                  if I use an offset does the cursor still report the orginal value or the value+offset?

could really use negative values (-5C here)!

2/I have been trying to play with HSTouch (new to it and your plugins as well)...how would I be able to import these "graphs" into HSTouch?

I can track the Status Text of the virtual variable fine into HS but the Status Image shows no graphics (blank text)

maybe your image builder plugin could build and image?

Comment

Originally posted by Go Go Yubari View Post
                    Looks like it's working quite well. Thinking of expanding the number of points on performance monitor as well? (just a thought)
                    When I do an update on this script, I will change this.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by fbitz777 View Post
                      great tool, two questions:

1/
                      if I use an offset does the cursor still report the orginal value or the value+offset?

It will report the original value.

could really use negative values (-5C here)!

It was -7.1C here last night and recorded correctly.

2/I have been trying to play with HSTouch (new to it and your plugins as well)...how would I be able to import these "graphs" into HSTouch?

I can track the Status Text of the virtual variable fine into HS but the Status Image shows no graphics (blank text)

maybe your image builder plugin could build and image?

I would say that was your best bet as the virtual devices created are not simple images.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I haven't tried it yet but this looks pretty cool. When I get some time I'm definitly going to try it.

I don't see any mention of charting digitals (HVAC, lights etc). That is something I'd be interested in. I posted something a while ago with a mockup of how we plotted digitals in a process control company I used to work for. If you are planning on adding them, this is an effective way to represent them.

Post Link

Thanks for the good work

Paul

Comment

The graphs are auto scaling, therefore if you feed the graph with only 1 or 0 data values it will give a full scale representation for 1 and virtually nothing for 0. Depending on the sample rate you can easily see when things go on or off.
                          Jon

Comment

Thinking about this a bit more and I could get the graph to look at the device status.

If a device was 'on', the graph could get a value of 100. If it was 'off', it would be 0. If it was dimmed I could then check the device status to provide a dim level on the graph between 0 and 100. Does that sound a good idea?
                            Jon

Comment

0-X-100 ... Sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                              X