No announcement yet.

Jon00 Cumulative Uptime Monitor For Homeseer Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you have opened a new thread on this triggering question.
    Last edited by jon00; August 21, 2010, 07:44 AM.
    Jon

Comment

Yes Jon. I knew the problem wasn't your script.

When you create a new event, it is checked by default to "Disable Automatic Event Triggering". That makes no sense to me at all, but one would think when I post "I can trigger it manually, but the the device change does not trigger the event", someone would have suggested I uncheck that. Anyway, I have it working now. Your script is awesome and will do what I want. Thank you.

I have 2 RCS TR40 serial thermostats that I want to trigger your script. Right now they are connected to a laptop running 1.7 and my 2.x trial on the laptop has expired. I may have a question or 2 later, but for now I can see how your script will help me.

Thanks again.

Comment

Time String Format question

Is there a way to display only hours and minutes? I thought using TimeStringFormat=12,13 would work, but it still displays the days. I'd like to have hours add up over 24 and not create days.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
          Is there a way to display only hours and minutes? I thought using TimeStringFormat=12,13 would work, but it still displays the days. I'd like to have hours add up over 24 and not create days.

Thanks
          Download V1.03 from my site.

I've added 2 new time string formats:

15 = X hours (as a total) X minutes
          16 = X hrs (as a total) X mins
          Jon

Comment

Jon

I am setting up a nightly event to clear all my counters (currently just 2).
            I am running: Jon00Uptime.vben("Main","Reset")
            and I get the following in the log:

HTML Code:
            11/4/2010 4:27:18 PM  - Event - Running script in background: Jon00Uptime.vben("Main","Reset")
            11/4/2010 4:27:18 PM  - Jon00_Uptime - Error: Unrecognised or no device number specified in optional parameters - script terminated
            11/4/2010 4:27:18 PM  - Jon00_Uptime - Error: Unrecognised or no device number specified in optional parameters - script terminated
            According to the docs, this should clear all my counters, but it appears I need to specify each device. It may just be that the docs are wrong - I can go ahead and clear each device individually. The date on the .vben file is 9/1/2010 and the date on the PDF is also 9/1/2010

Thanks
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think there is a bug which was caused when I changed the delimiter character from a comma to a semi-colon.

I have not had time to test but try the attached.
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

My usage of Uptime plugin

Jon, Just thought I'd share one of my uses for your plugin. I fill my water softener with a 40 pound bag of salt every 42 days, so this serves as my reminder. I can hide the Uptime device (Z20), since I also have a simple Reset button on the device displaying the status (D12) that resets the device string, the timer, and restarts the timer, which I click on after adding salt.

sub main()
                hs.SetDeviceStatus "D12","3"
                hs.RunEx "Jon00Uptime.vben","Main","1;Reset"
                hs.RunEx "Jon00Uptime.vben","Main","1;1"
                end sub
                Thank you!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan. Do you get it to remind you when the 42 days are up?
                  Jon

Comment

Jon

Guess I'll know in 23 more days My understanding is it should turn my device D12 ON and that should trigger my status change event

sub main ()
                    if hs.ison("d12") then hs.SetDeviceString "d12","ADD SALT"
                    if hs.isoff("d12") then hs.SetDeviceString "d12","OK"
                    end sub
                    By the way, I'm using your Beta version 1.03.1

Comment

There is no reason it should not work!

As I did not get a response regarding 1.03.1, I will do some testing this weekend and then package it up. I've also spotted an error in the docs which I will correct.
                      Jon

Comment

Hi all and a happy new year to you all.

I have been using this plugin for a few days now and it does what i need but I was wondering if there is any way that the results i get from this could be automatically put into a table and logged.

I am using this to monitor my boiler running times so that I can work out how long it runs for each day and i would like this information put into a table or something so i can scrutinise the results over the period of a month. I know i can get the total time but i would like this reset each day ( which it does ) but i would like the results automatically logged.

Thanks in advance

Edd

Comment

Why not just setup several devices looking at the same data but each reset differently, i.e. daily, weekly, monthly etc?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Why not just setup several devices looking at the same data but each reset differently, i.e. daily, weekly, monthly etc?
                            I thought about that but what i need is daily data and i thought about making lots of virtual devices that trigger of daily and stop at the end of each day but thought it would look a bit messy but if thats the only way then i suppose thats what i will have to do

Cheers

Comment

What are you trying to do...log the on/off times during a day?
                              Jon

Comment

I wish to log the duration the boiler runs for on each day

Comment

Working...
                                X