No announcement yet.

Jon00 Cumulative Uptime Monitor For Homeseer Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could link it to my Virtual Device Graphing Utility which would show you the on/off times in a day and also logs to a text file. I think MCSTemperature has logging capability to a database with graphs.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks, I will look into that. Much appreciated

Comment

Hello Jon,

Iam using your uptime monitor from the beginning and I love this plug-in.
        I have 1 question
        Is it possible to copy the uptime at the end of the day, say 23:59
        To another virtual device so I can see what the uptime was the day before
        Then i can also use this device to log this time to my database

Thanks

Ed

Comment

All the data is stored in the uptime.ini

You could create an event at 23:59 with an immediate script command something like:

PHP Code:
          &hs.SetDevicestring "Q10",hs.GetIniSetting("Device1","TotalUptime","","Jon00Uptime.ini"
          Jon

Comment

Hello,

Thanks Jon for your answer
            I have create a event with the following

sub main()
            &hs.SetDevicestring "N30",hs.GetIniSetting("Device1","TotalUptime","","Jon00Upti me.ini")
            End Sub
            I have saved it as a txt file

But its give some errors

Can you give the setup to make it work

Thanks

Ed

Comment

The single script line was meant to be run in the event's script statement box.

If you want to run it as a separate script, just remove the & at the beginning of the second line of your script.
              Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks it works great
                Now I can fill my database so I can see how long
                per day per week per month per year
                the device is on.
                Thanks Ed

Comment

Jon,

What do you think your Uptime script will do, if I have something set "on" then HS gets reset?

Will it continue to count? That is, when this is turned on, does it just say "I was on at: [ time ]" then when you say OFF, it just does a difference in time and add to the already accumulated time?

Or, will it goof up the counting if I reset while the devices are on?

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

It calculates using timestamps, so if nothing happens to the device when Homeseer is offline, reset etc, it will continue to calculate the uptime correctly.
                    Jon

Comment

V1.03.2 released!

Just got around to another feature request.

This version will now optionally show an up counter on the virtual device to display the number of times the device has been triggered as on (provided it was off before).

If upgrading, please read the upgrade.txt in the zip. Apart from replacing the script, it just a matter of adding a new entry to the ini file (per device) and adding the new image file.
                      Jon

Comment

I'm a newbie so please be gentle. I'm having issues installing this plugin on my HS2 2.5.0.20 install. I downloaded and extracted the contents to my HS directory while HS was shut down. When I started HS again, I was greeted with this:

Code:
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHeatSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetCoolSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetModeSet, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetFanMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetCurrentMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetOperating, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHoldMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	Error in HSPI.GetHoldMode, Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Plugins may be out of sync, restart HomeSeer
                        4/14/2011 11:04:23 AM  	ZWave Thermostats  	1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
                        I'm using the Zwave Tstat plugin with a Trane Zwave Tstat. I did not have this problem before copying the files over to my HS directory. Any ideas on what to do to fix this?

Comment

I would say your error is totally unrelated with unzipping the files. Did you restart Homeseer as the error suggested?
                          Jon

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I indeed did restart Homeseer and got the same message upon restarting.

*EDIT* I just deleted all files from Uptime and still seeing the error. Sorry for the bother.

Comment

Originally posted by dinki View Post
                              Thank you for the quick reply. I indeed did restart Homeseer and got the same message upon restarting.

*EDIT* I just deleted all files from Uptime and still seeing the error. Sorry for the bother.
                              Yeah, that's definitely not from Jon00's uptime utility - it is from your ZWave Thermostats plugin.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm using the script to track TV on time. For each television in the house, I've created three devices - one for tracking daily use (reset nightly), one for tracking weekly use (reset weekly) and the third for tracking monthly use (reset monthly).

I use three companion devices to keep information on the up time from the prior period aptly named yesterday, last week and last month. I populate these devices using a script like that mentioned previously (hs.SetDevicestring "Q10",hs.GetIniSetting("Device1","TotalUptime","","Jon00Upti me.ini")).

So all in all, I have six devices for each TV in the house (of which I have three). I sure would be nice if the plugin could consolidate some of these items for me within a single device. Any ideas?
                                Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X