This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing as I have a 4s and looking through all the posts it doesn't appear that the home/away capabilities work with the iphone. Is that correct? Anyone with an iphone can comment?
    I have been working with Simon to try and find a method that works with the iPhone 4. After much trial and error with various methods, it looks like I have got something working which looks promising. Continuous detection has worked for 2 days. Simon is testing over a longer period just to confirm the initial results.

I will be providing a new version soon which will include this update plus a number of enhancements. Stay tuned!
    Jon

Comment

Bluetooth problem

Jon, love this concept, I installed the dongle and software but two issues.

First, The Jon client does not seem to create the settings.txt file
      Xap seems to work...

Second, My phone does an autopair with a Cordless basestation at my home. So can the client still detect it? it does not seem too unless I put my phone in discovery mode.

Comment

Your dongle needs to use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. Do you know if you installed any drivers when you installed it.

As for your phone, it really depends on the hardware but it should be able to also pair with my client.
        Jon

Comment

Microsoft BT stack

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Your dongle needs to use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. Do you know if you installed any drivers when you installed it.

As for your phone, it really depends on the hardware but it should be able to also pair with my client.

I the MS stack part of the XP embedded in the Hometroller? I did have to download and install the WICOMM drivers.

Is there anywhere to download the Microsoft drivers?

Also can a phone be paired to something else and still be detected?

Comment

Most phones should be able to be paired with many devices.

While your phone is connected to some Bluetooth device, Jon's routine should still be able to detect your phone although I expect that depends on how well the operating system on the phone has been constructed.

My iPhone and I think the Nokia Lumia (Windows 7.5 phone) both can be active on a paired link and still respond to his client.

Comment

Originally posted by crhodes View Post
              I the MS stack part of the XP embedded in the Hometroller? I did have to download and install the WICOMM drivers.

Is there anywhere to download the Microsoft drivers?

Also can a phone be paired to something else and still be detected?
              When I had a Hometroller, I think I just copied all the files starting with USB in the Windows/System32 directory from another standard XP installation. When you plug the dongle in, it should tell you which file is missing (one by one) until it installs.

You must un-install the other BT stack if you wish to use my client.

Apart from the dongle install, don't spend too much time with the current BT download. Version 2 will be released within the next week. It's currently in the testing phase.

EDIT: Version 2 is now available http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153715
              Last edited by jon00; April 12, 2012, 03:56 AM.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X