Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with WhoIs

Jon00,

I have a couple of strange log entries which keep poping up from time to time..

13/11/2009 17:10:10 - Jon00_Whois - Error in subroutine Parselog at block C (The process cannot access the file 'F:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\Whois\WebVisitsToday.log' because it is being used by another process.)
    13/11/2009 17:10:10 - Jon00_Whois - Error in subroutine main at block C (The process cannot access the file 'F:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\Whois\WebVisitsToday.log' because it is being used by another process.)

Any idea what's going on?

Cheers,

Darren

Darren,

Are you on the latest version?
    Jon

Comment

Yes and I tried a re-install...just incase anything was wrong.

Comment

Odd... how often have you set the event to update the data?
        Jon

Comment

Ahh....I have two events...deleted one of them.

Will see how that goes.

Thanks

Comment

Darren-mc: how did it go? Everything working?

Since about 1 day I have a similar issue:

10-2-2010 4:14:49 Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine main at block C (The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\Whois\WebVisitsToday.log' because it is being used by another process.)

10-2-2010 4:14:49 Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine Parselog at block C (Index was outside the bounds of the array.)

10-2-2010 4:14:49 Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine Parselog at block B (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Logs\HomeSeer.LOG'.)
            The event runs every hour

Comment

It looks like it cannot find the Homeseer log file due to missing entries in the settings.ini

Go to the Homeseer setup page and select the General tab.

Look for Log File drop down box. Set this to the alternate setting and press save. Then put it back to what it should be and press save.

Do the same for the Store logs in LOGS directory drop down.

See if that solves the issue.
              Jon

Comment

Whois don't like 3-1-2010

Jon,

My whois vistors page doesn't like he date 3/1/2010...

It only displays data from 2009 today ??

Comment

Fixed by changing DateFormatMMDDYY="0" in the whois.ini

but still have two 01's in the date drop downs boxes for "from" & "to" on the web page ??

Comment

Originally posted by speedy View Post
                    Fixed by changing DateFormatMMDDYY="0" in the whois.ini

but still have two 01's in the date drop downs boxes for "from" & "to" on the web page ??
                    Yes, that is correct. It will always show the date of the day when viewing the page in both boxes. It's just the way I wrote it to keep the filtering enabled all the time. If you actually just want to view todays visitors, notch up the 'to' date to a date in the future.
                    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I noticed in my logs that I am getting similar errors, what is causing these errors?

3/31/2013 9:20:17 PM Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine main at block C (The process cannot access the file 'C:\HomeSeer HSPRO\Data\Whois\WebVisitsToday.log' because it is being used by another process.)
                      3/31/2013 9:20:17 PM Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine Parselog at block C (Index was outside the bounds of the array.)
                      3/31/2013 9:20:17 PM Jon00_Whois Error in subroutine Parselog at block B (Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.)

There is 3gb of ram on this virtual machine, and not all of it is being used (e.g. there is lots free). I did have this event running every five or so minutes, but have changed it to 15 minutes and it is still erroring up (there is also the 11:59 event as well).

Thanks!
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

For some reason, it looks like the file has become locked. I would restart HS and then see if the problem persists.
                        Jon

Comment

Will do, from memory I have seen it even after hs restarts and the file is not read-only or anything like that.
                          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I have had to rebuild my HS server and have now few problems with Whois. If I click IP address on the whois webpage I get following error message:

Script error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'c2g.whois'Set wiobj = createobject("c2g.whois")wiobj.server="whois.ripe.net"

I have checked that c2gwhois.dll is on the HS2 folder.

Second problem is that if I make a search on the whois web page then I get following message:

Script error: Type mismatch: '[string: "23.7.2013 21:15:51 "]' mymonth=Int(hs.StringItem(DateTime,1,DateSeparator)) Myday=Int(hs.StringItem(DateTime,2,DateSeparator))

Any ideas?

Comment

Open up a Command window (Cmd) with the prompt pointing to Homeseer's root directory.

Type:

Regsvr32 c2gwhois.dll

This will re-register the dll and should solve your first issue.

For the second, did you set the date separator character in the ini file correctly?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X