ASPx Scripting Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASPx Scripting Error

I've recently upgraded up HS 2 v2.4.0.1 from v2.x. While I don't think this is source of the following error, this upgrade has given me opportunity to study logs and configurations and note errors that I'm trying to address. One that I've noted from the ASP loader is:

11/24/2009 9:41:06 AM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/iniEditor.ash Load successful
    11/24/2009 9:41:06 AM ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.main(String strMode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
    11/24/2009 9:41:07 AM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/RSSFeeds.aspx Load successful

If there's one like it in this forum, could you direct me to the fix? Else, I would appreciate information on what I need to do about this one?

Thanks

HEC,

Before we go any further here, the ASPX loader is for web pages with the extension .ASPX only. Please remove all web pages in the ini file with .ASH, .ASP extensions as these will not benefit from this process.

Once that is done, the best way to see what the problem is to add each web page at a time to the ini and then run the loader. Keep adding them and running the script until the error occurs.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks. I did what you suggested and isolated RSSFeeds.aspx as the apparent culprit. With it in, I get the message. Without it, I don't. I'm not sure why that plug-in since I've used for quite sometime. Is there an upgrade and/or new version that I should try or need I just avoid this plug-in? Thanks for your help.

Comment

There have not been a new version recently. Does rssfeeds.aspx work if you call it normally from the web server?
        Jon

Comment

Yes it seems to work when I invoke it from Browser as http://HS IP/rssfeeds.aspx but I noted that the feeds were all a week or more old (11/15) so I'm not sure it's picking up the latest feeds.

Also, was looking at documentation for RSSFeeds and there have been minor version updates this year which is later than what I'm using. I also noted in the document that the link you provided back to HomeSeer.com for the namespace that you say must be installed is broken. I was thinking of just reinstalling the whole package from those instructions when I noted the broken link in the documentation

Comment

So you are saying it is now working?
            Jon

Comment

Well, I think the problem I logged is corrected by leaving RSSFeeds out of the load list. Per your instructions, here's what I did to confirm that:

Here's the ASPxLoad.ini file contents:

[Settings]
              Logging=1
              URL1=/LogSearch.aspx
              URL2=/buildpage.aspx
              URL3=/updater/adapter.aspx
              URL4=/RSSFeeds.aspx

Here's the log sequence with the above .ini file that has RSSFeeds.aspx in the load list:

11/25/2009 7:18:04 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/LogSearch.aspx Load successful
              11/25/2009 7:18:04 PM ~!~Warning~!~The X10InterfaceStatus command has been deprecated - please query the plug-in directly for its status.
              11/25/2009 7:18:04 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/buildpage.aspx Load successful
              11/25/2009 7:18:04 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/updater/adapter.aspx Load successful
              11/25/2009 7:18:04 PM ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.main(String strMode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

Here's the ASPXLoader.ini file contents with the load of RSSFeeds.aspx removed:

[Settings]
              Logging=1
              URL1=/LogSearch.aspx
              URL2=/buildpage.aspx
              URL3=/updater/adapter.aspx

And, here are the log entries that are now okay (hence no error messages when RSSFeeds.aspx omitted from Load list):

11/25/2009 7:30:10 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/LogSearch.aspx Load successful
              11/25/2009 7:30:10 PM ~!~Warning~!~The X10InterfaceStatus command has been deprecated - please query the plug-in directly for its status.
              11/25/2009 7:30:10 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/buildpage.aspx Load successful
              11/25/2009 7:30:10 PM ~!~Jon00_ASPxLoad~!~http://Localhost/updater/adapter.aspx Load successful

But, there are some other issues that I'm now confused about First, let me note that all my troubles began a few weeks ago when I noted (after not looking at HS for sometime) that all of my events had been lost . Long story with no clear root cause, but I decided to use this as opportunity to upgrade to v2.4 before starting the process of recreating my events (I didn't have a backup). So I had to recreate the RSSFeeds update event. When I run it I get:

11/25/2009 7:49:38 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "RSSFeeds Update"
              11/25/2009 7:49:38 PM ~!~Event~!~Running script in background: MyRSS.vb("main","0")

Then when I invoke RSSFeeds.aspx via web browser, I noted this in the log:

11/25/2009 8:04:37 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server authorized local login successful from: 127.0.0.1 User: hcooper
              11/25/2009 8:04:39 PM ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at scriptcode3.scriptcode3.main(String strMode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

And, I noted that the Browser shows the correct feeds but they are a couple weeks ago (not updated to current date) which is about when my problems began This makes me think that RSSUpdate isn't working?

So, I'm left wondering about two issues:

1. why won't RSSFeeds.aspx load without error using the loader?
              2. what's wrong with the feed update event?
              3. what kinda mess have I gotten myself into

All this may be beyond the scope of this one post but I really need help to figure out how to get back to where I was and I figure getting RSSFeeds is as good a place to start as any.

Comment

IT'S WORKING! I setup the event for RSSFeeds and now I get the feeds on right dates since I run the event every two hours. Still don't know why RSSFeeds.aspx doesn't like to be loaded with Loader (or vice-versa), but I can live with that. Thank you.

Comment

The only difference would be that by running the script via an event would use the [Feedx] entries whereas calling it via the web page would use the [ASPx] entries in the ini.

Just make sure the entries are correct under [ASP1], [ASP2] etc.
                  Jon

Comment

Ah, didn't realize that distinction. Now that I study the docs again, I see what you mean. Does this mean that one could have one set of feeds for the devices (FEEDx, etc) and a different set for the webpage (ASPx, etc)? This would imply that if I wanted the same feeds both places the FEEDx items would have to match the ASPx items with the same specified feed. If that's so, just out of curiosity, what would be an application or reason for having one set in the devices and a different set visible on the web page? Is it just for the flexibility of doing so?

Comment

Yes, if you wanted the same feeds, you would need to define them twice.

The reason is choice. Some people may just want to view the web page with the drop down selection without virtual devices, others may want only a few virtual devices with key feeds showing etc for touch screens etc.
                      Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X