Adding Asp code to buildpage or accountlinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Asp code to buildpage or accountlinks

Jon, your account links will not show a button depending on who is logged in, but that does not stop someone from going to something like www.homeseersite.com/stat and getting a stat page.

Is there a way to add an include to your buildpage or accountlinks that I could use to check to see who is logged in before allowing them to run your code?

I could probably just get by with putting it into the buildpage code, because I think it calls the accountlinks as part of the links.htm. But, as far as I can see there is no way to stop someone from going to /buildpage.ash/?val=qv.ini and running it directly.

I will probably make something that checks my mysql database and gets the ok to display the page before continuing. So it would need to be some asp code of some type. I can write that part, but I need a way to do an include at the top of your buildpage I guess.

or if you have a better way to do it. . . .

Thanks,
    Scott
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Scott,

Please download version 1.14 of Account Links. You can now block & redirect ANY homeseer page per account.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
      But, as far as I can see there is no way to stop someone from going to /buildpage.ash/?val=qv.ini and running it directly.
      I forgot to say that account links allows you to define buttons per user. For example a guest being allowed to show a quickview button could be defined as /buildpage.ash/?val=qv whereas your quickview button could be defined as /buildpage.ash/?val=x5w9forquter as an example. Someone guessing the ini name as x5w9forquter.ini would be almost impossible. In addition, protection from guests viewing your page can also be turned on.
      Jon

Comment

I see you updated this today. What did you add? I cant see any references to what the difference is between the .13 and .14. I downloaded it yesterday, so I guess I have .13

Just wondering.

Thanks,
        Scott
        as it's powercord.

Comment

Oops I see the answer in another post on your sub-forum here.

Thanks.
          as it's powercord.

Comment

Yes, I also posted twice on this thread - you may have missed my first one.
            Jon

Comment

Scott,

Did it do what you wanted?
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X