This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam,

The best way would be just to read the CurrentConditionImage number from the [currentcondition] ini section.

Just refer to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bbcweat.../symbols.shtml and look at the properties of each icon. For example the icon for 'light rain shower' ends with '10_light_rain.gif'

Therefore if the number read from the ini is 10, then you know you have light rain.
    Jon

Comment

Jon excellent thanks I shall get to it at once and thanks once again for the script.

Comment

location trouble

Hi Jon,

Having a little trouble with my location. I am trying to get location London Ontario Canada working. There are 2 location codes for some reason, 3436 and 447.

I have tried both but I can't get either to give me the current days conditions. Observed at: is coming through but all of the rest of the values are N/A. The 5 day forecast looks okay.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

I checked the BBC weather website for London Ontario Canada and it would appear that there is no data shown for the current conditions (all showing N/A). I'm not sure why but this is the reason why you do not see data in the script.
          Jon

Comment

It's broken!

Many of you who frequent this board will have noticed that there have been numerous threads regarding weather plugins and scripts caused by the subscription changes to Weather.com.

Unfortunately, it looks like there may be yet another discussion thread as the BBC has now changed over their site to a new layout today and my weather script (V3) is broken.

I therefore would like to gauge how may people still use this or have moved on to other solutions.
            Jon

Comment

I still use it Jon, I don't have any of the devices enabled and instead read the data straight into HSTouch from the INI file so have to admit I did'nt notice that it had stopped pulling the data. Just checked and it stopped at 09:30 this morning (if thats right?)

I'd love a new version but understand if you ain't keen, the fact the BBC change it seemingly on a yearly basis (even if only minor changes) must be slightly annoying...

Comment

It's actually nearly 2 years since they updated. I was surprised too!
                Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

I still use the script, I noticed it had broken last night. It would be great if it could be updated but I understand your time is precious!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Many of you who frequent this board will have noticed that there have been numerous threads regarding weather plugins and scripts caused by the subscription changes to Weather.com.

Unfortunately, it looks like there may be yet another discussion thread as the BBC has now changed over their site to a new layout today and my weather script (V3) is broken.

I therefore would like to gauge how may people still use this or have moved on to other solutions.
                    Jon00,

I know how much work this gives you and will understand if the "needs of the people" dont warrant further work but for sure.. I am one that uses it heavily.

Should you decide not to update I dare say I could work round it but I for one would like it updated..

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

So who wants to Beta test V4 before I release it? Send me an email if in the UK!
                      Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X