Jon00 LED Message Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 LED Message Sign

Snevl Betabrite Sign Control script for the Betabrite signs on the Homeseer message board. This display was predominantly available in the USA/Canada and not readily available in the UK

After looking around, I found a relatively cheap single line LED message sign from CPCNS-500RG2
    Attached Files
    Jon

Hey Jon,

I thought I recognized one of those signs. I think I saw one on EBay, and went looking around for protocol info. I can't say for sure the UK one is the same one, but the NS500 is built by nutrontech.com and their web site doesn't provide any prototocol doc. There is a manual there, which you might be able to compare to the one that came with you CPC sign to see if it really is the same thing.

I also found a small amount of protocol info on the NS500 sign here: http://www.avbrand.com/projects/carpc/ledsign/tech.asp. The guy posted some VB6 code that you may be able to at least compare to what you reverse-engineered. In looking at it myself, it seems like the protocol is very different (and much simpler) than the Adaptive Micro "Alpha" protocol used by the BetaBrite and all the other Adaptive Micro Systems signs.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve,

Yes the protocol is very simple with no feedback from the sign whatsoever. I did actually find that info when I was about 80% there. I did find a small difference but both seem to work. I have also since found another protocol document for this sign on a Chinese and German site!

The manual from nutrontech is identical so it is the same one. I'm finding this sign all over the place now. One is at http://www.grandwell.com/indoor_single_line.php

Anyway, it gives people another option for using signs but I doubt there will be much interest.
      Jon

Comment

Wow! I'll keep my eyes open for a one of these LED signs, now that they're controlable from HomeSeer.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Like all LED signs, they are not deemed as 'domestic' so harder to get hold of. Not sure about Norway but you would probably have to import one!
          Jon

Comment

Yeah I think so too, but I'm going to UK for a short trip soon. Maybe I'll pick one up then.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Sure - I hope you succeed.

I think I've mapped the Norwegian alphabet so things should show correctly for you
              Jon

Comment

I haven't given up on this yet. But it seems I'm too late to order it from CPC.

Does anybody know if this one works:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/321216386452...84.m1423.l2649

... or can direct me to one that does?

Comment

I do not think so.

Google NS-500RG2 and you may find something.
                  Jon

Comment

Re: Jon00 LED Message Sign

Hi Jon,

Hard to believe I have had this sign for three years, always wanted to control it with hs and, never knew about this - you are awesome!

When I first got the sign I posted the protocol I got from the manufacturer somewhere on here and was told their plug would only work with beta brite. You have reverse engineered it, I am in awe of you sir! This works flawlessly for my sign and setup was a breeze.

The manufacturer of this sign is in China, I got the sign at CES in Vegas and they do make it for several people.

Quick question, I am trying to do this:

Phone rings
                    Hsphone gets called is
                    Your script turns sign on
                    Displays "call from 5551212"
                    Holds caller I'd on display for 3 seconds then repeats

This is how far I got, can you help me finish it?

("Main","CID")

Where in the ini I put in the scratchpad this line:

CID=Call from{n}{sym5}

That is as far as I have gotten. I appreciate any help to get any help to get unstuck.
                    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Wow, you are the first person ever to ask about programming this. I have not looked at this for a few years now.

Try the following VB.Net script (call it DisplayCID.vb) and try running it.

If it displays OK, you can get it to trigger on a Phone call and remove the 5551212 line.

PHP Code:
                      Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim Text As String ""
                      Dim CIDNumber As String ""
                      'CIDNumber = hsp.CIDNumber(1)
                      CIDNumber = "5551212"
                      Text="Call from{n}{sym5}" & CIDNumber & "{pause2}{clr}Call from{n}{sym5}" & CIDNumber & "{pause2}{clr}"
                      hs.runex ("jon00LEDMessageInput.vben","Main","|" & Text & "||")
                      end sub 
                      Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

Unfortunately, no dice. I tried with and without the line.

Any other thoughts?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

So what have you got the display to do so far with this script?
                          Jon

Comment

In general, I am able to send messages all ok with the package. I am NOT able to send any variables like status changes to devices and such.

Comment

If you still have DisplayCID.vb (from my earlier post) in your scripts directory, change the code within to the following:

PHP Code:
                              Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                              Dim Text As String ="Goodbye Cruel World"
                              hs.runex ("jon00LEDMessageInput.vben","Main","|" Text "||")
                              end sub 
                              Does this display the message "Goodbye Cruel World"?
                              Last edited by jon00; November 19, 2013, 04:36 PM.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X