Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied
    Yeah I think so too, but I'm going to UK for a short trip soon. Maybe I'll pick one up then.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Like all LED signs, they are not deemed as 'domestic' so harder to get hold of. Not sure about Norway but you would probably have to import one!

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Wow! I'll keep my eyes open for a one of these LED signs, now that they're controlable from HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks Steve,

Yes the protocol is very simple with no feedback from the sign whatsoever. I did actually find that info when I was about 80% there. I did find a small difference but both seem to work. I have also since found another protocol document for this sign on a Chinese and German site!

The manual from nutrontech is identical so it is the same one. I'm finding this sign all over the place now. One is at http://www.grandwell.com/indoor_single_line.php

Anyway, it gives people another option for using signs but I doubt there will be much interest.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Hey Jon,

I thought I recognized one of those signs. I think I saw one on EBay, and went looking around for protocol info. I can't say for sure the UK one is the same one, but the NS500 is built by nutrontech.com and their web site doesn't provide any prototocol doc. There is a manual there, which you might be able to compare to the one that came with you CPC sign to see if it really is the same thing.

I also found a small amount of protocol info on the NS500 sign here: http://www.avbrand.com/projects/carpc/ledsign/tech.asp. The guy posted some VB6 code that you may be able to at least compare to what you reverse-engineered. In looking at it myself, it seems like the protocol is very different (and much simpler) than the Adaptive Micro "Alpha" protocol used by the BetaBrite and all the other Adaptive Micro Systems signs.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    started a topic Jon00 LED Message Sign

Jon00 LED Message Sign

Snevl Betabrite Sign Control script for the Betabrite signs on the Homeseer message board. This display was predominantly available in the USA/Canada and not readily available in the UK

After looking around, I found a relatively cheap single line LED message sign from CPCNS-500RG2
    Attached Files
Working...
X