Sending email when an event occures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending email when an event occures

Hi, I cannot see a way to sent a email when a event occures.
    I an trying to sent myself a short email when by back gate is opened.

I am able to receive emails from Jon00 by seeing them in the log file and hear the text to speech.
    Is their a script to send email?
    I am unable to send emails using the default HS software.

Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately my email package only deals with the receiving of emails independently but still uses Homeseer's in-built functionality for sending them.

When you say HS email (sending) is not working, what problems are you seeing?
    Jon

Comment

Thankyou Jon for replying.

I am using yahoo plus.

Here are my settings:

plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587
      plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com:110
      Default "TO" E-Mail address: markwebb3@yahoo.com
      Default "FROM" E-Mail address:markwebb3@yahoo.com

Check E-Mail: Yes No Check every minutes.Use MAPI for E-Mail: Yes No

My Log
      7/13/2010 9:05:04 PM - email - Email successfully sent to markwebb3@yahoo.com
      7/13/2010 9:07:26 PM - Jon00_Email - Error in Pops subroutine Block I: 40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request
      7/13/2010 9:07:26 PM - Jon00_Email - Info - Downloading new email (Mark Webb <markwebb3@yahoo.com>) from the mail server
      7/13/2010 9:07:26 PM - Jon00_Email - Error in Pops subroutine Block I: 40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request
      7/13/2010 9:07:29 PM - Jon00_Email - Mailbox one has 30 new emails
      7/13/2010 9:07:29 PM - Jon00_Email - Mailbox one has 31 emails in this mailbox

Comment

Mark,
        How are you attempting to send the email? Are you adding an email action to the event?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

From the look of the log, the email was sent correctly.

First, remove the plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com:110 from HS email setup page, set the check email to no and try again.
          Jon

Comment

Follow up

Thanks again for your help. I agree it seems to be working fine receiving messages.
            My issue is I want to send a simple email to myself when a zone is violited on my security system, (some event).

Should I assume Your application just works for incoming mail?

If so I wonder what other are doing for out going mail?

I have not deleted the pop.???.??? , but check mail is set to no. Is this idea to make the outgoing mail work?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Mark,
              How are you attempting to send the email? Are you adding an email action to the event?
              Bump

Comment

Yes,
                Action List Send EmailTo: markwebb3@yahoo.com
                Subj: Alert
                To: From: Subject: Message: File Attachment: To: markwebb3@yahoo.com
                Subject: Alert

Comment

Originally posted by markwebb3 View Post
                  Yes,
                  Action List Send EmailTo: markwebb3@yahoo.com
                  Subj: Alert
                  To: From: Subject: Message: File Attachment: To: markwebb3@yahoo.com
                  Subject: Alert
                  When this event runs does it show success in the HomeSeer log file?

Comment

Guys,

You are going off at a tangent here!

PHP Code:
                    7/13/2010 9:05:04 PM email Email successfully sent to markwebb3@yahoo.com 
                    This means that the email was SENT correctly. There is nothing wrong with the event that sent it.

PHP Code:
                    7/13/2010 9:07:26 PM Jon00_Email Error in Pops subroutine Block I40006 Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request 
                    This means that there is an error RECEIVING the email via my script.

The error is actually a Winsock problem and could be due to Homeseer leaving a connection open after it sends the email.

Mark,

Can you confirm that you ONLY get this error on my email package AFTER you have sent an email via Homeseer and that all other emails are downloaded correctly?
                    Jon

Comment

Jon, Yes, In the event log I see a list of my emails and here the TTS annoncing each one. Where it goes from there is beyond me, but for now I am interested in outgoing mail.
                      Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Mark,

I think we need to go back to the beginning as I'm having a problem with what your problem is!

Forgetting any errors in the log...

1) What exactly do you think your problem is?

2) What are you trying to achieve with sending emails?
                        Jon

Comment

I dont know if I am helping or not, but here is what I use in an event to send an email:

MTo = "someone@somewhere.com"
                          MFrom = "DanksHS"
                          MSubject = "Back Gate"
                          MMessage = "The back gate is now open."
                          iResult = hs.SendEmail(MTo,MFrom,MSubject,MMessage)
                          'hs.writelog "Reminder Email To:",MTo
                          'hs.writelog "Reminder Text:",MMessage

I have setup my email to use gmail.com since it is free. This is configured in the "setup --> Email " portion of the Homeseer. You specify the SMTP and POP vlaues for gmail, and set the password for the gmail account. Then when you use the script above, it just works.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                          A computer's attention span is as long
                          as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
                          X