• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whois issues

Hi,

For some reason I am getting following messages in the HS log:

4.1.2011 22:08:45 Jon00_Whois Info - IP detected on [SkipIP2] list

The messages are more or less random and I have no clues what is causing them. Any ideas?

Jari

Look at your Whois.ini file. What IPAddress do you have under the [SkipIP2] entry?
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

It's my work IP address. Most likely it's the server (and not my personal computer). I haven't looked at the code for whois so I don't know what these mean. I have got these messages whole evening and I haven't used my work computer this evening. I may have left a browser window open pointing to my HS web site, though.

Jari

Comment

The entry is to stop the IP defined from being checked. If you left a Browser open at work and have auto refresh enabled, you will get loads of entries in your HS log which will then be picked up by Whois.

Bottom line is not to enable auto refresh!
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

OK, thanks for the info. I'll have to check tomorrow whether I have auto refresh enabled. Obviously it's enabled because I am still getting these messages.

Jari

Comment

If you want you can search the script and rem out the hs.log entry to stop it.
            Jon

Comment

I rebooted my HS server, but I still got these messages. I don't quite understand this because rebooting the HS server should have logged out my session at work. Anyway, I commented out the hs.writelog in the script. Thanks a lot for your help.

Jari

Comment

Working...
              X