Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Drive Space Monitor

**** Discussion for Homeseer 3 version here ****

This package enables you to monitor the disk capacity for all physical hard drives (assigned a drive letter by Windows) connected to your Homeseer PC or server.

Features include:

General:Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network MonitorGraphing:Values:Triggering:Logging:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; August 13, 2014, 04:46 PM.
    Jon

Jon,

Getting an error when running this script.
    Only Drive1 and Drive2 are enabled in the ini file.
    C: hard drive
    D: hard drive
    E: is a sdcard
    Z: is a mapped network drive

PHP Code:
    05/01/2011 15:32:32     Event     Running script in backgroundJon00DiskMon.vben
    /01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Info Virtual device created for housecode y80
    /01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Info Virtual device created for housecode y81
    /01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Error within Sub Main at block 2b (Instance 'E:' does not exist in the specified Category.)
    05/01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Error within Sub Main at block 2c (Instance 'E:' does not exist in the specified Category.)
    05/01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Error within Sub Main at block 2b (Instance 'Z:' does not exist in the specified Category.)
    05/01/2011 15:32:33     Jon00_Disk     Error within Sub Main at block 2c (Instance 'Z:' does not exist in the specified Category.) 
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look!
      Jon

Comment

Try V1.01

The disable should now work fine.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Try V1.01

The disable should now work fine.
          That fixed it.

Thanks

Comment

Excellent!
            Jon

Comment

sweet! No more bugs, right? My wife wouldn't like it if there were bugs in there!!

:-)

Saved me from having to write something (I was going to do this to monitor backup drives). Hopefully will try it later this week!

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

It should be working fine...however as it is using performance counters for the data, will only monitor physical hard drives connected to the server (SATA/PATA/USB etc) but not thumb/pen/network drives, storage cards etc.
                Jon

Comment

Hello Jon,

I really like this script, but will you be adding Network Drive support at some time?

Thanks,

Todd
                  -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I was wondering when this would come up.

At present, the script uses Windows performance counters to provide the data. This can only see what is on the machine itself. I would need to change to another method (which I will not rule out) to support network monitoring.

When I get some time, I'll have a look.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Maybe not a bug...but I'll post my strangness.

My server drive letter are:
                      C,D,E,F,G
                      E is the DVD ROM.

So, to get C-G to be read into your script, I actually end up needing to have 5 drives definied (it just skips the middle one and does not read it, as i is supposed to).

As I said, no biggie, as it's not effecting anything that I am doing. It just took me a few minutes to figure out that the reason drive G is missing, was due to the script picking up E and skipping it (although it skipped the "configuration" it was pointing at as well).

Love the "new" fill level (as opposed to a trend chart).

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                        Jon,

Maybe not a bug...but I'll post my strangness.

My server drive letter are:
                        C,D,E,F,G
                        E is the DVD ROM.

So, to get C-G to be read into your script, I actually end up needing to have 5 drives definied (it just skips the middle one and does not read it, as i is supposed to).

As I said, no biggie, as it's not effecting anything that I am doing. It just took me a few minutes to figure out that the reason drive G is missing, was due to the script picking up E and skipping it (although it skipped the "configuration" it was pointing at as well).

Love the "new" fill level (as opposed to a trend chart).

--Dan

Disable the E drive under [Drive3] in the ini file (i.e. Enabled=0), delete all the virtual devices and then re-run the script. It will then be correctly marked and updated.
                        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Quick q, is there a quick way to change the Horizontal Bar Graph to show "used" space, instead of free space?

That is, the more stuff is on the drive, the more "blue" we would see, instead of the less stuff, the more blue?

My wife asked, as she stated that it "feels" backwards.

Thanks!

--Dan

Comment

It cannot but it could!

Surely, it's a bit like monitoring a fuel tank...if you cannot see much of a bar showing, you are running out of fuel (aka hard drive space)?

It is meant to warn you when hard drive space is low!
                            Jon

Comment

Version 1.03 is now available

Version 1.03 has been released.

If you use my Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor Package with remote clients installed, I have now added support for remote PC drive monitoring & graphing with this update.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X