Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, it runs here fine?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturer.PNG
Views:	248
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1244131
    Are you sure you have entered this exactly as shown?
    Jon

Comment

I tried the following:

Name:	Jon00.png
Views:	227
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1244134

Comment

That one does not fail either here.

Would you try this:

Code:
        &hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","2||run||C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe||!Toggle ""Stepris/Clock""",True ,False)
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          That one does not fail either here.

Would you try this:

Code:
          &hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","2||run||C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe||!Toggle ""Stepris/Clock""",True ,False)
          For some reason that worked for me! Thank you!

Comment

Good to hear Actually, the use of square brackets may have been left over in the docs from the Homeseer 2 version.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

just installed the plugin but can't figure out what i am doing wrong:

- installed as detailed in the doc files, copied every files in their respective hs3 directory
              - started the setup page and submitted the line for my router
              - change to 1 the 'create device' for network monitoring,entered a name and pressed submit for my routeur
              - created an event to run the script every 5 minutes

when I go in the device management I can't see the device created, I cannot see neither a ROOM named Jon00 Network

do you have any idea what i am missing ?

thanks

p.s. if i go in the control page i can't see any data there either

Click image for larger version  Name:	a-setup.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	1252339

Click image for larger version  Name:	a-control.JPG Views:	1 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	1252340
              I also went and check with your device list app and no show of device 1

Name:	devlist.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1252341
              Last edited by goldriver; October 9, 2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Would you show me a screenshot of the event you have created to run the script?
                Jon

Comment

Jon,

I never noticed this before, but the graphing is carrying over to a second line. Is there a way to correct this? Click image for larger version

Name:	networkmonitor.png
Views:	224
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	1265210

Comment

Which browser are you using? Does it do the same thing if you try another browser?
                    Jon

Comment

It was present on Chrome, Firefox and Brave. But now its gone!

Comment

What is the best practice for removing a device from the network monitor list? I had a network printer go bad and I am replacing it with a new one.

I have had issues before where I deleted a device using the Jon00RCCNM.asp page and the database got so corrupted that I had to start all over again. With nearly 50 devices currently, I don't want a repeat of that.

Comment

As you are replacing the printer, I would just find the existing printer details in the Jon00RCCNM.ini (will be listed under one of the [DeviceX] headings) and update with the new printer details.
                          Jon

Comment

Recently here have been playing with firmware updated to Tasmota / Espurna WiFi Devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	espurna.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1272523

MQTT wise these devices work fine. Only thing after a bit I cannot get to the web interface or ping them. (before using your script).

Decided to move the Mosquitto Broker to Homeseer this past week.

So I am seeing the devices as online under status but off line when I run the Jon00RCCNM.asp page using ARP. (Ping and port 80 did not work).

I can click on the link to get to their web interfaces just fine. Curious why these devices do not come up as active on the Jon00RCCNM.asp page which are blue instead of black like the others. What can I do to make them turn black when on?

Click image for larger version  Name:	aspage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	1272518
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	status.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	1272519

xxx
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Tested again changing fast ping to off and what is seen in the below picture. Shut off one of the devices to check status and it went offline on the GUI.

Name:	testing2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1272920
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

The colour of the text on the setup page has no bearing on the script running. When the text is black, the IP address have been found in the Windows ARP cache. If blue, they have not been detected. Pressing the refresh button may provide different results.

As you are using ARP ping to discover some IP addresses, these may/may not be in the ARP cache at the time when you loaded the page. For ARP ping to work, these addresses have to be deleted from the cache to be rediscovered again.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X