Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I suggest you use startup delayer from R2 Studios. You won't then have the issue: https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/

Just install the app and done? any settings i need to do?

Comment

That should work fine.
      Jon

Comment

That should work fine.
        I try and get this to wake my windows tablet from "screen off" But what happens when I have HStotch on is this: See picture.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can wall the windows tablet from "screen off"

It should turn on the screen when moving

Picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLLngSNQTvUXcpM49 the screen going orange when I turn on "Mon on"

Comment

I'm not sure about tablets, the client was written some time ago and designed for desktops. Perhaps moving the mouse may work. Look at the cursorpos command
          Jon

Comment

I'm not sure about tablets, the client was written some time ago and designed for desktops. Perhaps moving the mouse may work. Look at the cursorpos command
            Ah okei thx. I try too get this to work.

Is desktop tablet

But where shuld I add this: Dim Result As String = hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","1||cursorpos||300||200||1|| lef t||0" ,True ,False) going to use the macro exempel VButton

Comment

Hello! Long-time reader, infrequent poster. Absolutely loving all of your scripts.

I have just finished identifying and setting up all 60-ish devices on my network. I really only need to monitor a few of them (phones for location presence, wi-fi cameras if they stop responding), but I also want to monitor for network intrusions.

Everything is working great so far, but the one thing I can't figure out is how to configure an email to myself with the new device's IP and MAC address. I have added the event "Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect", which does successfully fire an email with the Device Value of the Network Intrusion virtual device, but this only includes IP, not the mouseover MAC address. I used the "$$DSR:1087:" variable in the body of the message. I did have to add a small delay as well, it seems the email sent before the device value was updated. However!

What I'd really like is to just email/text myself the log line. Is that something I can accomplish from the _Intrusion.vb? or can I pass variables out to the event?

TIA!

Also, unrelated, but for some reason the RCCNM.ini file didn't have iconset entries for the HS4 icons (70-120) but I got them added in.

Comment

For Network Intrusion, you can use the Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb script. This passes the detected IP, MacAddress and status (joined/left). It also is the script that puts the line in the log! If you are comfortable with scripting, you can use that to send an email with the details required.

FYI, you did not need to setup all your devices to monitor to use network intrusion. Instead, you could have listed all the IPAddresses not being monitored (but legit on the network) in the IPExclusion entry under [Intrusion] in the Jon00RCCNM.ini file (see page 46 in the docs).

Someone should have told me that the icon values were missing in the ini file! Looks like I forgot to update the file. This has now been corrected in the current download zip.

Jon

Comment

Well, as comfortable as I am with scripting, I just don't have the, shall we say, vocabulary. I knew enough to be able to comment out the hs.speak lines! And I know I could have just listed the IP addresses, but I also like to see what they are supposed to be. Eventually I might want to have devices for everything, who knows.

Perhaps I'm just one of the first to try to do this inside HS4, and using the HS4 icons?

Now I just need to figure out the .vb scripting for how to send an email.... it doesn't feel easy to find these sorts of things lately. But maybe that's just me.

Thanks!

Comment

I can assist with that.

Replace the code in Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb with the following:

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal MyData As Object)

Dim IPAddress As String = MyData(0)
                    Dim MacAddress As String = MyData(1)
                    Dim Status As String = MyData(2)

'+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Please do not edit above this line +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dim Sleep As Boolean
                    Dim Speechtimeon As String = "07:05:00"
                    Dim Speechtimeoff As String = "23:55:00"

If Now.TimeOfDay.ToString > TimeValue(speechtimeon) And Now.TimeOfDay.ToString < TimeValue(speechtimeoff) Then
                    Sleep = False
                    Else
                    Sleep = True
                    End If

hs.CreateVar("NWI")
                    If Status = "1" Then

' You can put code here when a unspecified device is detected on the network.

hs.SaveVar("NWI", "Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: " & IPAddress & " MAC: " & MacAddress & ")")
                    hs.writelog("Jon00_RCCNM", "Info - Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: " & IPAddress & " MAC: " & MacAddress & ")")
                    If Not Sleep Then hs.speak("Warning. Unauthorized device " & IPAddress & " has joined the network")

End If

If Status = "0" Then

' You can put code here when a unspecified device previously detected on the network has now disappeared.

hs.SaveVar("NWI", "Unspecified device disappeared from Network (IP: " & IPAddress & " MAC: " & MacAddress & ")")
                    hs.writelog("Jon00_RCCNM", "Info - Unspecified device disappeared from Network (IP: " & IPAddress & " MAC: " & MacAddress & ")")
                    If Not Sleep Then hs.speak("Warning. Unauthorized device " & IPAddress & " has left the network")

End If
                    hs.TriggerEvent("Network_Intrusion")

End Sub
                    Next create an event called "Network_Intrusion"

Set up the action to send an email.

In the Message body just add:

$$GLOBALVAR:NWI:

That's it! When you get a network intrusion device joining or leaving the network, it will send your email with the IP and Mac-address in the email body.

BTW, you don't need to remark out the speech from the script. To disable, just set SpeechtimeOff to 07:05:01
                    Jon

Comment

Brilliant!

That's a fair bit cleaner than the code I eventually found:

Code:
                      hs.SendEmail("_____@____.com","_____@____.com","","","Homeseer Network","Unknown Device on Network! (IP: " & IPAddress & " MAC: " & MacAddress & ")","")
                      And the nearly identical call for "Device left network"....

Which also took me a few tries to find out that the cc, bcc, and attachment fields are NOT optional.

And now I know how to use global variables and trigger events! Thank you!

Comment

Is there any interest if I get the Network Monitoring part of this package working under Linux?
                        Jon

Comment

Is there any interest if I get the Network Monitoring part of this package working under Linux?

It would be nice. I am using the plugin in a Windows Virtual box running in Ubuntu and via a HS Link for all of the features of the plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_94336.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1425363

This is related to only monitoring Homeseer devices. The PFSense firewall monitors WAN / LAN / DNS / pieces of the network.

Relating to networking this works much better than using PlayOnLinux (Wine).

This is the way I manage the Homeseer HS Windows Touchscreens on the home network.

Relating to using Tasmota/Espurna firmware MQTT here now using a link to the IP address of a MQTT device for access to the same said device which I like.

- Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hello,

I have an issue with the Client part on 2 computers. One is not updating and another one I can not controll with an event.
                            First the one I can not control with an event , It was working about a month ago , than I updated HS4, and I noticed the device ID had changed from both computers. Since than I can not control the computers with an event ( no selection possible on the ROOT).

This issue is device number 1

Name:	2020-10-11 18_36_47-192.168.68.20_88_jon00RCCNM.html.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1425408
                            I can wake the device itself up in an event with WOL: ( when I select in the event device number 928)

Name:	2020-10-11 18_43_51-Devices.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1425409

I would also like to shutdown the computer , as I said , this was working about a month ago , before an HS4 update. yesterday I noticed the event was empty.
                            Before there was when the root was selected a scrolldown menu with the options , it's gone...

Name:	2020-10-11 18_49_45-Event.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1425410

Any idea what is wrong , I updated the setup section of /jon00RCCNM.html that didn't change anything. Ip address and Mac address are still correct.
                            Clicking the shutdown button on the controll page of JOn00 RCCNM works as well. just no selection possible in an event.

Name:	2020-10-11 18_55_59-192.168.68.20_88_Jon00RCCNMControl.html.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1425411

Thanks,
                            Cor

Comment

I can't see any control buttons on the 3 attic device. All I can suggest is you delete that device and let it recreate itself with the buttons. Make sure you are running the client script.
                              Jon

Comment

I can't see any control buttons on the 3 attic device. All I can suggest is you delete that device and let it recreate itself with the buttons. Make sure you are running the client script.
                                Hi Jon00,

I also see the error pointed out by Corvl1. The solution I found was to redo the device control buttons and update the event, but after a restart of HS4 the plugin creates a new device without the respective control buttons and the events can't work again.

Comment

Working...
                                X