Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on 3.0.0.96 at the minute, but as I have said I recently did a re-add from scratch (maybe 5 weeks ago) and think I was on 3.0.0.74. I was able to add all nine of my devices without a problem. Now I can't add any more thru the web page.
    Manually adding to the .ini file works (copy paste, alter to suit).
    It must be the changes in HS?
    Cheers
    J

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Well there is obviously an issue but why this should suddenly start is a mystery. What version of HS3 are you guys currently running?
      I'm running 3.0.0.101 and use Chrome.

Thanks
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

IM runing 3.0.0.101 euro Chrome as well

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I'm now on 3.0.0.96 and can easily replicate this error. It looks like yet another bug in the hs.SaveIniSetting command which I will need to report.

To resolve this issue, open up Jon00RCCNM.ini and delete all the entries [Device 3] through to [Device30]. Then save and all should be OK.

The bug is that unless you have an entry under a section heading i.e. [Device3], the command fails to write to it.

Please let me know if it cures the issue for you.
            Last edited by jon00; June 9, 2014, 11:14 AM.
            Jon

Comment

Jon00,

deleting the enteries from the INI file worked thanks again for looking into this

Cheers Ken
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I'm now on 3.0.0.96 and can easily replicate this error. It looks like yet another bug in the hs.SaveIniSetting command which I will need to report.

To resolve this issue, open up Jon00RCCNM.ini and delete all the entries [Device 3] through to [Device30]. Then save and all should be OK.

The bug is that unless you have an entry under a section heading i.e. [Device3], the command fails to write to it.

Please let me know if it cures the issue for you.
                Hi Jon,

That worked for me. Thanks for the quick response. This is working great for me now. Also, thanks for converting to asp. I tried the aspx based version a few months and it was painful adding new devices. This performs much better.

Thanks
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Jon00 still experiencing problems it is adding the devices in the config screen but not creating them in HS. I have 21 devices created on the config screen but only 3 were created in HS.

See attaches screen shots

I am also seeing these errors in the log

Jun-09 11:43:09 PM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8001) but that global variable has not been defined.
                  Jun-09 11:43:09 PM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8001) but that global variable has not been defined.
                  Jun-09 11:43:09 PM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8001) but that global variable has not been defined.
                  Jun-09 11:43:09 PM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8001) but that global variable has not been defined.
                  Cheers Ken
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ken,

Do you have the 2 recurring events configured and enabled (one for Network, the other for Clientstatus)? When these run, the devices should be created.
                    Jon

Comment

Ken,

Do you have the 2 recurring events configured and enabled (one for Network, the other for Clientstatus)? When these run, the devices should be created.

They are there not that is what I was missing I didn't have the second event for Clientstatus but its good now thank Jon00

I have a quick question if it is possible. I have remote plugins running on the client machines is it possible to check if the plugin connected and if not restart it with you script. I made a AHK file that launches the cmd and enters the correct parameters to start the plugin but I would like to be able to monitor if that plug in is running and if not start it automatically

Cheers Ken

Comment

Yes I can assist you with that.

What is the name of the plugin process as seen in task manager, the name of the plugin exe, the parameters that you use to start it and the full path of your Homeseer installation?
                        Last edited by jon00; June 10, 2014, 11:48 AM.
                        Jon

Comment

Yes I can assist you with that.

What is the name of the plugin process as seen in task manager, the name of the plugin exe, the parameters that you use to start it and the full path of your Homeseer installation?
                          Jon00,

I have SPUD's kinect plug in running on multiple Pc's throughout the house for zoned voice recognition. on one machine it is even running two instance of the plug in. I created AHK scripts with the help of another member of the forum that will start the correct instances of the plugin with the parameters I ned to be able to monitor is it disconnect and then close and restart the plugin if necessary

I have attached a copy of the ahk file that I use I simply change the parameter for instance on each machine so that is loads the correct instance for that area. also there is a screen shot of the kinect remote plugin as it appears in the task manager

I really appreciate the help

Cheers Ken
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ken,

Thanks...I actually need the process name (shown on the process tab on task manager) but have assumed it to be hspi_kinect.

Copy the attached script and save it as kinectcheck.vb and place it in your Homeseer 3 script directory.

Create a recurring event (or add it to an existing recurring event) to check to see if the plugin is running. You need the event to run the script kinectcheck.vb

PHP Code:
                            Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim DeviceNo As String "1"

Dim Result As String hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Main",DeviceNo "||checkprocess||hspi_Kinect" ,True ,False)

hs.writelog ("Kinect","Running: " Result)
                                If 
                            Result.StartsWith("0"then  hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Main",DeviceNo "||run||hspi_Kinect.exe||server=192.168.1.9 instance=masterbed autoreconnect=60||||C:\spudkinect" ,False ,False)
                            End Sub 
                            You need to define the device number as per your setup in RCCNM config page, currently set to 1.

With the Kinect plugin running, run the script. You should see in the HS3 log:

Kinect Running: 1:1

Now stop the plugin and run the script again.

The log should now show:

Kinect Running: 0:0

It should then automatically start the plugin with the correct parameters.

Just check to see if I have the correct process name in the script.
                            Jon

Comment

Ken,

Thanks...I actually need the process name (shown on the process tab on task manager) but have assumed it to be hspi_kinect.

Copy the attached script and save it as kinectcheck.vb and place it in your Homeseer 3 script directory.

Create a recurring event (or add it to an existing recurring event) to check to see if the plugin is running. You need the event to run the script kinectcheck.vb

PHP Code:
                              Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim DeviceNo As String "1"

Dim Result As String hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Main",DeviceNo "||checkprocess||hspi_Kinect" ,True ,False)

hs.writelog ("Kinect","Running: " Result)
                                  If 
                              Result.StartsWith("0"then  hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Main",DeviceNo "||run||hspi_Kinect.exe||server=192.168.1.9 instance=masterbed autoreconnect=60||||C:\spudkinect" ,False ,False)
                              End Sub 
                              You need to define the device number as per your setup in RCCNM config page, currently set to 1.

With the Kinect plugin running, run the script. You should see in the HS3 log:

Kinect Running: 1:1

Now stop the plugin and run the script again.

The log should now show:

Kinect Running: 0:0

It should then automatically start the plugin with the correct parameters.

Just check to see if I have the correct process name in the script.

Jon00, just to make sure I have this correct the deviceNo should be the same as the device in the RCCNM correct because I have these running on multiple machine I would need to run one instance of this script for each instance of the plugin correct

Also on the machine that is running two instances of the plugin how do I know which one has stopped working so that it can restart it

Cheers Ken

Comment

If you take the example screen shot you posted on post 1028, you have defined device 2 with IP address 192.168.1.44 and have a client running which is set to port 8002. Therefore the device number would be 2 for that PC. Remember each client needs a different port number

Try it as is for the moment on one PC with a single instance of the plugin running, just to prove the concept. We can then extend the script if necessary for more PC's.

It will not be possible to define a script to act on the two instance machine as there is no way to determine which has failed. We can however get around this by killing the second instance if one fails and then starting up both.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X