Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunoary View Post

Hi Jon00,

I also see the error pointed out by Corvl1. The solution I found was to redo the device control buttons and update the event, but after a restart of HS4 the plugin creates a new device without the respective control buttons and the events can't work again.
    Thanks,

I've confirmed this too. Must be a bug with Homeseer as buttons should not disappear. I'll have to report it.....

Now reported see here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ts#post1425547
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Is there any interest if I get the Network Monitoring part of this package working under Linux?

It would be nice. I am using the plugin in a Windows Virtual box running in Ubuntu and via a HS Link for all of the features of the plugin.
      Pete,

I'll send you a link to a test build via PM.

If anyone else wants to test this under Linux, please let me know.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post

Hi Jon00,

I also see the error pointed out by Corvl1. The solution I found was to redo the device control buttons and update the event, but after a restart of HS4 the plugin creates a new device without the respective control buttons and the events can't work again.
        FYI, a workaround (whilst the button issue getting sorted) is to use an immediate script command in an event using the examples in the Command Index.

I can assist if you or Corvl1 wish to go down this route.
        Jon

Comment

That would be awesome , if it isn't too much work for you? (And for me , I am not a programmer).

Thanks,
          Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
            That would be awesome , if it isn't too much work for you? (And for me , I am not a programmer).

Thanks,
            Cor
            What are you trying to do and what is the client number of the PC in question?
            Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.12 is now available.

This version now supports LINUX for the networking monitoring element of the package. It requires Mono version 6+ and has only been tested on Ubuntu. If you try it on another Linux OS and it works, please let me know.

If you have still been experiencing no ping times shown on the virtual devices, this version should correct this issue.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

What are you trying to do and what is the client number of the PC in question?
                I am starzing the computer with WOL, which is working, but I also would like to shutdown the computer if possible.

It is device 2 with port number 8001.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_94342.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1425994
                Thanks,
                cor

Comment

Thanks,

Your event action would look as follows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	359.7 KB ID:	1426002

The 2 in the Parameters relates to the device number (as shown on the setup page) and the shutdown is one of the command set at the end of the docs. They are separated by two pipe commands as shown below.

2||shutdown

Please let me know if it works.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Please let me know if it works.
                    Wow .. .that easy!
                    Working as it should now , many thanks,

Cor

Comment

I am running the latest hs4 build and this script as well
                      in hstouch i created a button then the commands are as follows control HomeSeer device, select my office client pc, but then I am unable to go any further...
                      I would like to put it in standby mode.
                      I believe this all worked in hs3 as I had the buttons already created.

what am I missing here
                      thanks in advance
                      Paul.

Comment

There is a bug in HS4 where buttons are removed when you restart Homeseer. For the moment, program HSTouch to run an event similar to post 1853 but use:

1||standby for the Parameters entry.

(change the 1 for the device number being used)
                        Jon

Comment

Can I use it to control the local HS 3 screensaver.
                          Like?
                          I come in the room and the motion fires and event to stop screensaver on localhost.
                          Looks great another fine works of Jon00

Comment

Originally posted by 22v10 View Post
                            Can I use it to control the local HS 3 screensaver.
                            Like?
                            I come in the room and the motion fires and event to stop screensaver on localhost.
                            Looks great another fine works of Jon00
                            I don't see why not.
                            Jon

Comment

So I have that issue wh were hs4 removed the icons. Do you know when they plan on fixing that? What are the work around for now?

Comment

Don't you mean buttons?

What are you trying to do? Kill the screensaver remotely?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X