Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the plugin. Coming form HS3/Ultramon3 win10 and on Linux HS4 4.1.10 and PI version 1.07. All is working fine. Except that my devices doesn't go offline completely. It keeps troubled (status 2) all the time. When they come back online they go back to status 1. All settings are at default. Checked with Jon00RCCNM1.html and the .ini file.

I did a reinstall of the script a couple of times with removal of all the devices. But it does not seems to help. Any idea?

Michel.

Comment

Odd, What do the ping values on the device show?
      Jon

Comment

See picture. The "last offline time" is from around reinstall. When the devices are created and the physical device is offline at the time the status is shown right. But when it comes back online and the again offline it keeps troubled.

Comment

You seem to be having an issue with the third ping response. Try this.

Open up Jon00RCCNM.ini and add the following under [Settings]

FastPing=0

Does that resolve the issue?
          Jon

Comment

Yes it did!

Comment

Hi,

Should ARP ping work under Linux or not? Because it is not working for me. I did Port=ARP in the ini file. I can see that the arp table is filled with a incomplete entry ( (192.168.2.8) at <incomplete> on eth0) when running the script. But the HS device is always reporting successful pings even when the physical device is not connected.

Also tried the mac address with : format instead of -. Capital vs lowercase etc. Maybe it is because the ARP table is always filled with a (incomplete) entry when you ping a non existing IP in Linux?

Michel.

Comment

It works under Ubuntu as that is the only Linux OS I run.

ARP ping works by deleting the IP address from the arp table, pinging the address and checking the arp table again. For Linux I use the IP neigh command. If it's output is different from Ubuntu, that may be the issue.

Jon

Comment

That must be the case then. I am using Raspberry Pi OS Lite. IP neigh is existing. It outputs "192.168.2.8 dev eth0 FAILED" when the device is not reachable and "192.168.2.8 dev eth0 lladdr e8:fb:e9:28:27:c6 REACHABLE" when the device is online again.

I will look into Ubuntu. Was already planning this.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I am now on Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS. But I still get the same behavior as before. Any thoughts?

Michel.

Comment

I'll have a look when I can....
                      Jon

Comment

Looks like this issue has been resolved.

V1.0.13 is now available which fixes ARP Ping when using Linux.
                        Jon

Comment

Perfect. Thanks!

Comment

any idea why this no longer works ?

&hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","1||popup||hello world||||orange||white||16||" ,True ,False)
                            Thanks in advance
                            Paul.

Comment

If it worked before, the only thing preventing it working would be a network/firewall issue?
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
                                I want to test 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 addresses in addition to 192.168.0.0 addresses.
                                Unfortunately, by putting :
                                SubnetMonitorIP = 192.168.0.0,10.0.0.0
                                it doesn’t detect 10.0.0.X addresses, although I can ping these addresses. Do you have an idea?

matlhome

Comment

Working...
                                X