Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try creating a shortcut for Jon00RCC.exe and then run that.

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I'm just at the start of setting this up, and I have seem to run into a problem.

1) I have the Jon00RCC.exe starting with a windows scheduled task on Start Up
    2) Task is delays for 2 Min on Start up
    3) I think I've tried every combination of settings but still no joy.

Problem:

Even though Jon00RCC.exe starts and is running, I get no coms to server. (there is also no system try icon, which I think is to be expected).

If I rip Jon00RCC.exe out of memory, and start normally everything functions.

No error text created..

Machines involved are a mix of Win 7 and Win 8.

Any idea how I can get around this??
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      I think I've missed a step here, and may be the reason why no buttons where created, even for the Network devices..???

Where should I look?
      You add buttons under the setup page. Look at the Control Button column under the "Network" heading. I'm not sure if I add them automatically but they should show something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Try creating a shortcut for Jon00RCC.exe and then run that.
        I doesn't appear that you can use a shortcut in the scheduler, (always refers back to the program that the shortcut starts).

???

You add buttons under the setup page. Look at the Control Button column under the "Network" heading. I'm not sure if I add them automatically but they should show something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
        Well that one was easy enough..
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Is there a reason why you are trying to delay the startup of the client? It is designed to be started via the startup menu.
          Jon

Comment

Is there a reason why you are trying to delay the startup of the client? It is designed to be started via the startup menu.
            The delay was just an attempt at getting this working.

I will assume you mean startup folder.

The problem is that my computers don't automatically boot into a users account, so if I can't get the program working on windows start up, I loose control because programs in the startup folder will not run until a user logs in.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

So the shortcut you selected for the scheduler was a .lnk file?
              Jon

Comment

So the shortcut you selected for the scheduler was a .lnk file?
                Yes, but strangely enough it reads the information in the shortcut and uses that. If I past the actual link to the shortcut, schedule errors out saying it can't find the file when it goes to run.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Have you tried running a batch file to run the exe to see if that works?
                  Jon

Comment

Hmmmmm. No I have not... Do you know if the program will function without a user being logged in?

Remember, the program is loading just fine from the schedule, it's just not communicating..

Off to try the batch file, stay tuned...
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

No go on running the batch file, It will not even start.

Code:
                      @echo off

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jon00RCC"
                      start Jon00RCC.exe

exit
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Have you tried running it outside of the program files directory i.e. c:\Jon00RCC\Jon00RCC.exe
                        Jon

Comment

Just tried... No Joy...

So I've compared the schedule version of the loaded program with that of a manual start version.

On average the Schedule Version memory footprint is between 1,800 - 2,100k (Different machines)

On average the Manual Version memory footprint is between 6,300 - 8,900k (Different machines)

I guess the tray interface is accounting for some of those differences, but there seems to be a bunch of stuff that isn't loading with the Schedule start version.

So it looks like the program must load it's tray interface to work... Is there any possibility you could port this to a service?
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I think I figured it out... Stay tuned....
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ok, Finally... Here is the winning combination.... Not sure how to get the screen shots to display top to bottom...
                              Attached Files
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Errors

Hello Jon,

Getting some errors and there reoccurring every min or so. Ive checked in the scripts folder and do see the Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben file. Outside of that I cant understand what this means.

HTML Code:
                                Jun-11 1:00:00 PM	 	Error	Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
                                Jun-11 1:00:00 PM	 	Error	Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
                                HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                                PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                                HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Working...
                                X