Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you John. Understood. Initially was testing here just with the set up page and not running the script with the network option.

The devices being tested are WiFi devices updated with Tasmota or Espurna firmware talking MQTT.

Right after booting up or a reboot I could always ping the devices. An hour or two later I could not ping the devices.

Goofing around a bit ssh'd over to the Mosquitto RPi broker device and saw that I could alway ping the WiFi devices.

I moved the Mosquitto broker over to the Homeseer 3 server and that seemed to fix the issue with the ping responses for a short time.

I have been concurrently watching the arp cache. The devices are currently static IP configured. I can change them to using a DHCP assigned IP per mac address and click a check box to alway put the devices in the arp cache.

Changing over to using ARP and moving the Mosquitto broker over to the HS3 server has been working fine and now allowing pings from any box on the network.

pete@ICS-IBMNBK0:~$ ping 192.168.244.221
    PING 192.168.244.221 (192.168.244.221) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 192.168.244.221: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=3.62 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.244.221: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=5.46 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.244.221: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=1.58 ms
    ^C
    --- 192.168.244.221 ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 5ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.580/3.554/5.464/1.586 ms
    pete@ICS-IBMNBK0:~$ arp 192.168.244.221
    Address HWtype HWaddress Flags Mask Iface
    192.168.244.221 ether 2c:3a:e8:44:ad:c3 C enp0s25
    pete@ICS-IBMNBK0:~$

and clicking on the link always takes me to the WiFi updated firmware html interface which wasn't working before.

All is well now monitoring these devices from the Ubuntu 18.04 HS3 box.

MQTT is a bit like using xAP / xPL from way long time ago. The 1-wire stuff is using one WiFi firmware updated device as sort of a hub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMQTT.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1273021

xxx
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi jon,

i see now when i did put my logging on that your script some how is taking longer to execute sometimes.. u think its hs3 .500 bug ?

Mar-30 10:05:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:05:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:05:03 Warning Not running script since its already running: Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben Single instance option enabled in event properties
      Mar-30 10:04:54 SCRAPER *** Scraper Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:04:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:04:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:03:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:03:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:02:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:02:23 SCRAPER *** Scraper Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:02:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:02:03 Warning Not running script since its already running: Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben Single instance option enabled in event properties
      Mar-30 10:01:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:01:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:00:33 Network *** Updated ***
      Mar-30 10:00:03 Network *** Updated ***
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I very much doubt it. If you have more devices offline it will take longer to complete. I get that message from time to time.
        Jon

Comment

okthx for the reply,

than i wil ignore it. because right now it did not happen for 3 hours..

regards
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 and the hibernate function doesn't seem to be working with Jon00RCC. I have an even that closes FireFox and Jon00WinAmp.exe and then hibernates the PC when I leave the house or go to bed and it's killing the applications but not hibernating the PC. In the HS log it says that the command was sent successfully. There are no errors in the Jon00RCC log either. Not sure where to begin really. I can confirm that hibernation is turned on in Windows. Any ideas where I should begin?
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Not sure. Did you try both clients supplied with the download?

Have you tried suspend?
              Jon

Comment

Images (lack thereof) driving me batty... any thoughts on what I should be looking at to fix the problem? (I can browse to the images via web so they are in the proper location but something is not working.)

Comment

Can you provide a screen grab of the directory/path you have placed the icons in Windows Explorer?
                  Jon

Comment

Comment

OK, if you right-click on the image which is not showing correctly and right-click/select 'Copy image Address' in Chrome or 'Copy image location' in Firefox (then paste into Notepad) what is the URL shown?
                      Jon

Comment

I've tried that and surprisingly it cuts off before the filename; the URL stops at the directory level: http://*********:9001/images/Devices/jon00/rccnm/
                        I've tried looking at page source, I've tried looking at Firefox media page info and nothing shows in either.
                        The Configuration page that has the icon samples doesn't even have an image at all.
                        I've also refreshed the directories with a recent download.

If I put in an image name on the URL it does render the image so the files are accessible and don't seem to be corrupted either.

Comment

I'm at a loss at the moment. I can assure you the image URL's are correctly defined and no-one else has ever reported this issue. Have you tried different browsers?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            I'm at a loss at the moment. I can assure you the image URL's are correctly defined and no-one else has ever reported this issue. Have you tried different browsers?
                            It wasn't you it was me! I knew I had it working on a system at some point so I started with what I didn't overwrite which was the INI files. My INI file did not have the ICONSET info at all! Added that in (as well as a few other assorted rows that I did not have but were in your distro) and it is working fine now!

Comment

jon00 ,
                              Is it safe to change the ROOM of the "Intrusion" devices - currently they are in Utility.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                jon00 ,
                                Is it safe to change the ROOM of the "Intrusion" devices - currently they are in Utility.

Thanks!
                                Yes, you can change the name without issue.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X