Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double monitoring HS process?

Jon,
    I have a sporadic problem that I am trying to track down. HS (one plug-in, actually) behaves as if it is bogging down intermittently, but the Performance Monitoring script doesn't reveal any problem. I'm wondering if that is because the script isn't running frequently enough. (The slow-down lasts for 5-20 sec.)

I have an idea to run the Process Monitoring script frequently, say every 5 sec, for about 30 sec as an action of a specific event rather than as a recurring event. It would be set up to monitor CPU usage of HS only, with a small number of samples/average.

Do you see any potential problems with this scheme? Is there anything I should pay particular attention to?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

It should pick it up fine, providing you set the the cpu sample rate relative to the recurring event duration.
    Jon

Comment

Working...
    X