Performance scripts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance scripts.....

I am getting errors such as the following on occasion....

6/7/2011 10:09:34 AM Jon00_Perf Error within Sub Main at block 10 - Homeseer Threads (The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\PerfMon\Homeseer Threads.log' because it is being used by another process.)
    6/7/2011 10:11:12 AM Jon00_Perf Error within Sub Main at block 4 - System Virtual Memory (The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\PerfMon\System Virtual Memory.log' because it is being used by another process.)

I run it every 2.5 minutes-- I wait for it to be done and I only allow one instance of it to run.

I am not sure which version it is-- it is encrypted...

Could you include the version number in the name perhaps?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Regardless of the version, the same issue would arise. Are the logs being used by another script?
    Jon

Comment

I forgot to add, the version number is contained within the Jon00PerfMon.ini under the [Info] heading.
      Jon

Comment

No-- the only other script I run which I didn't write was the UPS one-- which I just looked at and it written by you!!!

Doesn't look like that uses it.

Got another interesting error...

6/7/2011 2:08:52 PM Device Update Device: Upstairs Bathroom HM Relative Humidity value set to 57 (5700/%)
        6/7/2011 2:13:01 PM Error Exception creating device state data file (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Device_State.bin): The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Device_State.bin' because it is being used by another process.
        6/7/2011 2:13:19 PM Device Update Device: Upstairs Bathroom HM Relative Humidity value set to 56 (5600/%)
        6/7/2011 2:14:01 PM Error Exception creating device state data file (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Device_State.bin): The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Device_State.bin' because it is being used by another process.
        6/7/2011 2:16:41 PM Device Update Device: Masons Room HM Temperature value set to 77.5 (7750/F)

Not so sure your script has anything at all to do with that one.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

If you are not reading from those files then the only other possibility is that more than one copy of the script is runnimg...but if you have ticked the box to stop that, I'm not sure.

If you don't use logging, you can always turn it off in the ini file i.e.

Logging = 0

(under each performance metric)
          Jon

Comment

I shut off search indexing within Windows and havent seen the problem in 2 days.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
            X