Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Remote Computer Control.

Hello Jon00,

I was hoping you might be able to help me, I have installed your client on my remote computer and got that working, and set the settings in the server. What i want to achieve is to mute all applications, turn up the volume to either full or 60% and then unmute only hstouch.exe, The idea is that i would include this in an event that calls up screens for my emergency response system, so that if computers are on, it sets them to mute all applications and if anything is playing in the background that is muted, but the hstouch is not muted so that messages can get through.

How can i achieve that using your system (i am running Vista 64bit).

Thanks again for all your help!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

It may well be possible. Your best option would be to create 2 or 3 local macros to control the various volume levels (one for mute, another for unmute etc) and then call each macro from Homeseer as required.

You will need the 64 bit version of nircmd (look at the maroon box at the top of the docs) placed in the client directory to replace the existing version.

Then take a look at the changappvol and muteapp commands in the documentation. Difficult to help with specifics as it depends on your apps.

As an example, you could define a macro (say macro2) with the following:

muteapp||winamp.exe||1
    muteapp||wmplayer.exe||1

In this example, you would mute both Winamp and Windows Media Player when Macro2 is run. You can continue to add commands to this macro with other commands to get the required scenario. Repeat with a second macro to reverse this operation i.e.

muteapp||winamp.exe||0
    muteapp||wmplayer.exe||0

Remember that you can run macros from each client directly (right click on the client icon, select Macros then the Macro name) so you can play about with the settings locally on each machine.
    Last edited by jon00; July 20, 2011, 04:32 PM. Reason: More info
    Jon

Comment

Working...
    X