X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check E-mail script execution error...

Greetings!

I just installed the Check E-mail script and receive the following error:

Error in Pops subroutine Block B: 339 - Component 'mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have configured the checkpop.ini file for ONE Mailbox. After receiving the error above, the script reports back: "There are no changes at the mail server..." I then receive the same error once again, followed by "... has 0 new emails" - "...has 0 emails in this mailbox." (even tho I have 3 new emails).

I am running stunnel and it is properly configured and working flawlessly with HS's email facility. I am running HSPRO 2.5.0.20 on Win7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

Thanks very much for any assistance!

Cheers -
    Brian

I've attached the M$ dll needed as it is not included within Windows 7.

If running Win 7 64 bit ,place this file in your Windows\SysWOW64 directory otherwise in your Windows\System32 directory.

Open up a command prompt (Cmd), navigate to the relevant directory and then type:

regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx

You may then need to restart Windows.
    Attached Files
    Jon

Comment

It worked!

Hi Jon -

a) Thanks very much for your prompt reply to my post!
      b) It worked! One side-note, I was a tad worried when I executed the
      regsvr32 command because I got a nasty little error from Windows:
      "The module "mswinsck.ocx" was loaded but the call to
      DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c..."

However - I fired things up afterwards and all seems to be behaving splendidly! Thanks so very much! I remain curious about the error (above) - but just for my own education...

Cheers -
      Brian

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to register the OCX as an administrator. I would Google 'DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c'
        Jon

Comment

It turns out...

Greetings Jon / all -

Actually, I was logged on with full local admin rights... The answer to the issue was the UAC in Win7 was set too restrictive... Still trying to get my arms wrapped around Win7... All is FINE now! Thanks very much once again!

Cheers -
          Brian

Comment

Thanks for the info - I for one always disable UAC as it is more problematic that it is worth.
            Jon

Comment

Indeed! Now that I am aware of it to begin with, UAT now remains disabled for me too!

Cheers -
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X