This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer Plugin Enable/Disable utility

This package allows you to enable or disable any Homeseer plugin via a simple script call. This includes the X10 and Infra-Red Interfaces.

As always, it is available from my Homeseer site (Click on my banner below).

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Please post any problems or suggestions.
    Jon

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    This package allows you to enable or disable any Homeseer plugin via a simple script call. This includes the X10 and Infra-Red Interfaces.

As always, it is available from my Homeseer site (Click on my banner below)

Please post any problems or suggestions.

Jon,

first of all big thanks for the initiative to build this!

I have tried the script and cannot get it to work. The log file shows it is running but the plugin is not disabled. Is there a switch to turn on logging or something?

8-9-2011 9:30:50 - Event - Event Trigger "DISABLE the ACT TI103 Plugin for X10"
    8-9-2011 9:30:50 - Event - Running script in background: Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","ACT TI103;3;0")

I have tested with another plugin (IRTrans) and this also does not work.

I noticed that when I run the script and then switch to the setup page I get the message:
    Configuration changes have NOT been saved.
    Select a different configuration area if you wish to lose your changes, or you may make further changes.

This only happens once after I run the script, saving or changing the page does not impact behaviour.

About the manual:
    The example in your manual shows:

("Main","ACT TI103;3,0")
    This would DISABLE the ACT TI103 Plugin for X10
    ("Main","ACT TI103;3,1")

This would ENABLE the ACT TI103 Plugin for X10

Following the synhtax outlined above it I think there should not be a comma but a semicolon before enabled/disabled entry . Correct?

Can't wait to have this up and running, thx for the great work.

Francois

Comment

Hi Francois,

I was in a bit of a rush to get things done last night before I retired. Errors crept in ;-)

I think I have found the issue and have sent you a new version via email to try. I'll also update the documentation with the correct info on the input delimiter.
      Jon

Comment

As I do not have much time until the weekend, I've published V1.01 which works fine on my system but otherwise remains untested.

If you downloaded V1.0 last night or today, please try Version 1.01 and let me know if it is working for you.
        Jon

Comment

I'm reading this thread and I'm wondering why one would like to disable or enable a plugin. Could you give some examples in what circumstances this could be applied?

Comment

I think this is what precipitated it.
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=disable
            The question has come up in the past, but nothing came of it.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by ABL View Post
              I'm reading this thread and I'm wondering why one would like to disable or enable a plugin. Could you give some examples in what circumstances this could be applied?
              Jon

Comment

Jon...

You are awesome....

I have no need for this new script at this time, but I had seen the thread in the past asking about being able to enable and disable a plug-in. I just think that it is great that we have someone with your talent creating solutions for us.

I might give it a try to solve an issue where my Z-wave quits working every once in awhile. I have a script that monitors for "unknown" condition for certain devices and then reboots the whole system. I might try just toggling disable/enable of Z-wave and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for your contributions.

Comment

Jon,

tested the latest version this morning. Works like a charm!

Thanks again for the brilliant work.

Francois

Comment

Originally posted by megatron2 View Post
                    Jon...

You are awesome....

I have no need for this new script at this time, but I had seen the thread in the past asking about being able to enable and disable a plug-in. I just think that it is great that we have someone with your talent creating solutions for us.

I might give it a try to solve an issue where my Z-wave quits working every once in awhile. I have a script that monitors for "unknown" condition for certain devices and then reboots the whole system. I might try just toggling disable/enable of Z-wave and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for your contributions.
                    Thanks very much Jeremy - your comment is appreciated!

It would be interesting to see if toggling the plugin does fix the issue.
                    Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                    Jon,

tested the latest version this morning. Works like a charm!

Thanks again for the brilliant work.

Francois
                    Excellent!
                    Jon

Comment

Hi

I thought this morning it would be handy if I could stop and start HSTouch from a script depending if the alarm is set or not. A quick google and I found Jon00's code. It works well when called from runscriptex, many thanks Jon00!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert.Twildge View Post
                        Hi

I thought this morning it would be handy if I could stop and start HSTouch from a script depending if the alarm is set or not. A quick google and I found Jon00's code. It works well when called from runscriptex, many thanks Jon00!!
                        Thanks!

Just curious why you stop/start HSTouch?
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Thanks!

Just curious why you stop/start HSTouch?

Hi

I have an ipod that is connected to HSTouch all the time showing video. The ipod often drops out of HSTouch and then reconnects. I don't have a wifi issue, a ping -t shows I have a great connection at all times to the ipod. The HSTouch issue, when it shows up, fills the error log up and so if I disable HSTouch when the alarm is set I hope to avoid the many error messages in HSLog. This isn't a fix but a bodge!

Comment

I was hoping this script would solve a problem I occasionally run into with the Applied Digital Ocelot Interface.

First the problem. When I restart Homeseer, occasionally the IR portion of the interface will not receive IR signals. Everything else works, X-10, other Adicon modules, even sending IR signals. Just not recognizing them.

Shutting down the interface and restarting it solves the problem through the Interfaces tab of the web site.

So I used this script to stop the IR interface, wait a few seconds, then start it. This was actually an example in the documentation, so easy to setup. Shortly thereafter I got the chance to try it. It didn't help.

Stopping and starting via the web site worked, however.

How does this script differ from using the web site? For example, when I ran the script, nothing was logged about the interface reset, but when I used the web interface several messages were logged about initializing the interface.

Comment

If you are not seeing anything in the log, then it is not working. What version of Homeseer are you using as this only works with the latest builds?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X