X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to an error (not relating to this script) I just had to scrap my installation, and I just installed HS3 and the behaviour of your script is still exactly the same on a completely clean install. So I guess I'll give up for now.

Comment

What version of Linux are you using?
      Jon

Comment

Its running on raspberry pi, so raspbian/debian 9 strech

Comment

FYI, I've just tested this on a HS3 Zee S2 and I can enable/disable plugins without issue.
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Downloaded and works perfectly stopping and starting my RFXCOM plugin.

Is there a way this plugin can know when another plugin i.e. RFXCOM has run into difficulty and has stopped working?

Thanks

Comment

No, you would need some other means to determine an issue. What symptoms do you see?
              Jon

Comment

OK thanks.

No rhyme or reason the plugin stops working, maybe once or twice a fortnight.

Happened yesterday and this was in the log.

Initializing plug-in(1): RFXCOM Instance::Error on InitIO: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I normally notice when the blinds haven't gone up or down and a quick stop and start of the plugin sorts things out.

Appreciate some guidance, tks

Comment

If you are running Windows, you can use my log monitor to trigger an event when you get a log match to say 'RFXCOM Instance::Error' .
                  Jon

Comment

Both setup, just wait to see it all in action now :-)

Thanks Jon, your help is very much appreciated. I've just sent you some beer tokens, so enjoy!

Comment

Hi,

Having a little trouble with this PI.

Running HS3 (full) on a RPi3.

The plugin works but there's something wrong with the listing (see attached).

I want to use it to enable/disable the Chromecast plugin.

The listing says "HS touch (built in) see setupN/A Chromecast"

It works to enable/disable the Chromecast PI but after a few go's, the listing goes away entirely, as if there aren't any PIs installed. The only way to get them back is to restart HS3.

Any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of the HSTouch mixed text. The disappearing items on the list is still a mystery which is only happening on few systems.

You may need to use Version 1 of the package (which is included in the zip - use the list number feature) for the time being as I may not be able to look at this for a couple of weeks.
                        Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.4 is now available

Changes from V1.0.3:

Updated to reflect HS3 code changes (HSTouch integration) which was shown on the plugin list drop-downs.
                          By default, the plugin list is now only updated when HS3 is started.
                          Added 'UpdateMode' setting to ini file to enable Plugin List updates when selecting from the list (default prior to V1.0.4).
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Yes, I'm aware of the HSTouch mixed text. The disappearing items on the list is still a mystery which is only happening on few systems.

You may need to use Version 1 of the package (which is included in the zip - use the list number feature) for the time being as I may not be able to look at this for a couple of weeks.

Jon could the disappearing list be due to hs3 setup? I have had problems for some time with this issue and my work around is to run an event making sure your script is running. But today I got to wondering about the feature in hs3 setup where you can select "scripts cannot time out". this is un-selected by default. Do you think this is effecting your script?

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                              Jon could the disappearing list be due to hs3 setup? I have had problems for some time with this issue and my work around is to run an event making sure your script is running. But today I got to wondering about the feature in hs3 setup where you can select "scripts cannot time out". this is un-selected by default. Do you think this is effecting your script?
                              No, I don't believe so. I think I have resolved it with the latest version so please give it a try.
                              Jon

Comment

It does not seem to fix the problem.
                                I deleted the plugin and downloaded the new one, set update in .ini to 1 and rebooted.
                                After disabling and enabling a plugin 2-3 times it fails.

I get this in the log
                                Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x7227e558 + 0x00158> in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x7227cda8 + 0x00067> in :0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) <0x6f16c000 + 0x02683> in :0

Comment

Working...
                                X