X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really advise apart from deleting the MyQ plugin completely to see if it starts working again.
    Jon

Comment

I deleted the MyQ Liftmaster plugin and restarted Homeseer and made sure password not required. When I go to device manager to disable or enable a plugin from the device management page it does not work. I see the plugins in the device drop down list but nothing happens. The log doesn't give any errors. Does it only work from an event? Seems I was able to enable and disable from the homeseer device management screen previously? I only have one user with Admin + Local selected. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated.....Rick
      Last edited by Rick Bonari; August 24, 2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

It should make no difference if it is operated from the device drop-down or via an event.

When you make a plugin selection, is that selection recorded in the virtual device?
        Jon

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "When you make a plugin selection, is that selection recorded in the virtual device?" Please clarify. Thanks much !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            Not sure what you mean by "When you make a plugin selection, is that selection recorded in the virtual device?" Please clarify. Thanks much !!!!! Rick
            I think Jon was asking if the name of the last plug-in you enable or disable shows in the string value of the Virtual Device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	301
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1243274

The Virtual Device should show the last plug-in that was affected and the Last Change should reflect the time and date.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

No it does not. When I select the plugin to enable/disable in the dropdown box it does not show up in the virtual device : Last. When I go to plugin manage page the enable/disable does not change at all. Further help on this would be much appreciated. Worked fine before I installed Liftmaster MyQ Plugin that has since been removed for this test....Rick

Comment

Can you confirm you have the following entry in your startup.vb file:

Code:
                hs.RunScript("Jon00Plugin.vben", False, False)
                Jon

Comment

Hello Jon00,

hs.RunScript ("Jon00Plugin.vben", False, False) is not in the startup script in the hs3 program directory. Where would I insert it in the vbscript startup file? Right before the End Sub statement? In the scripts directory there is a Jon00Plugin.vben file but nothing in the startup script. This is odd because the enable/disable plugin seemed to work ok before? Your further help is much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                    Hello Jon00,

hs.RunScript ("Jon00Plugin.vben", False, False) is not in the startup script in the hs3 program directory. Where would I insert it in the vbscript startup file? Right before the End Sub statement? In the scripts directory there is a Jon00Plugin.vben file but nothing in the startup script. This is odd because the enable/disable plugin seemed to work ok before? Your further help is much appreciated !!!!! Rick
                    That is where the manual recommends you put it. I have found it to be most reliable launching it from an Event after HomeSeer has started. I run a 1 minute delayed Event after startup and launch this script among other things. It seems like it is better to give things a chance to settle down after startup. The problem I was having launching it from the startup script was that on occasion the two devices would not populate and as a result, when I needed an Event to disable/enable a plug-in, it wouldn’t work. It has never failed since moving it to a delayed event.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hello Randy,

How do you know when startup has finished to start the 1 minute delay to run the event that launches Jon00's script? Can you share how you setup this event? Thanks for your help and suggestions. Again, this plugin seemed to work when I first installed it. I have disabled login requirement in network setup and still doesn't work. Maybe your solution will enable it to work properly. Thanks again.....Rick

Comment

Rick,

I think Randy's post is confusing issues. He has a particularly busy and complex system hence the delay he has put in place.

Please just add the hs.RunScript ("Jon00Plugin.vben", False, False) entry in your startup.vb script (how to do so is in the documentation) and then restart Homeseer. It should then work OK.
                        Jon

Comment

Hi,

I have problem, I tried Version2.
                          Event disable Modbus plugin, wait 30 sec, enable modbus plugin, wait 30 sec, restart event.
                          Sometimes work (3x, 4x), and error:

Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0xb4750b18 + 0x00177> in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0xb474fb70 + 0x0004c> in :0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) <0xb3e24c68 + 0x02acd> in :0

Please help me.
                          Thanks
                          Sanci

Comment

There there is not much I can suggest. Your Homeseer web page is taking too long to respond hence the error. What hardware are you running?
                            Jon

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Linux
                              Hardware Inetl Xeon E3 4 vCPUs, 8GB ram.
                              I have 587 devices,

Comment

Should be fine. All I can suggest is that you disable the plugin more than once (with a time gap) and then re-enable it more than once (with a time gap) to reduce the risk of error.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X