X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact I am using one of the HS log monitor plugin and I receive the message via Pushover when there are errors in the log, I understand that I could wright down an event to act upon this error and stop/restart this plugin, Actually my issue is with a specific plugin (Honeywell thermostat) that sometimes lost connection to the cloud and I have to manually stop it sometimes for hours and manually turn it back on that is why I was looking at a virtual device to easily turn it On/Off from my iphone app.

It's ok I'll go the manual way and create virtual device drive by a couple of events.

Thanks John

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I've been using the plugin to disable and re-enable the mcsMQTT plugin after 30seconds when I get a connection status error between node-red and the MQTT plugin. For some reason the plugin no longer seems to be able to enable the plugin.

I created a new event with a simple enable the mcsMQTT plugin step and although the log shows the event being triggered there is no activation of the plugin.

Regards,

Comment

Does it work with other plugins? Are you on the latest version of the plugin?
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I believe I'm on the latest version as the date of the Jon00Plugin.vben file is 24-Nov-20. I just changed the event to disable and enable the harmony plugin and it works as expected. Before I posted this i wanted to revert the event back to the mcsMQTT plugin and interestingly enough both harmony and mcsMQTT were disabled and then mcsMQTT started.

Might just be a timing issue but certainly changing to another plugin and reverting seems to have ironed out the bug. I had created a separate event to start the mcsMQTT plugin but that was failing also hence the original post.

Thanks for your prompt response, all looks good now.
          Regards,

Comment

Hi Jon00,

After updating to HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.17.0 (Linux) the plugin will disable plugin but doesnt enable plugin anymore.
            With version HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.16.0 (Linux) it was working ok.
            I test it on a the sonos plugin.

Thanks,

Walter

Comment

Does it work with other plugins?
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Does it work with other plugins?
                Hi Jon,

I just test it with the APCUPSD plugin. This is working ok. I tryed the Sonos plugin again and NO enable.
                Thank you.

Walter

Comment

The mechanism is the same for all plugins. Can you disable and enable this plugin from the HS4 interface?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    The mechanism is the same for all plugins. Can you disable and enable this plugin from the HS4 interface?
                    I can disable/Enable the plugins in HS4.

Comment

At the moment I’m not sure. Unfortunately I cannot test this as I cannot own every plugin. Let me have a think.
                      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00.
                        I have downloaded and unzipped your PlugIn Utility. But for some reason the vben file still appears encrypted and Homeseer has trouble reading the script file. Can you help me with what I'm doing wrong?
                        Many thanks!
                        Alan

Comment

I'm not sure what you are doing. Did you follow the instructions in the docs? .vben files are encrypted but Homeseer will run them exactly the same as a .vb script.
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. It worked just fine. I was expecting more of a script instead of an executable file. Once I realized that, it was all good. From your website I added a small donation to show my appreciation for all your hard work.
                            Cheers.
                            Alan

Comment

Many thanks Alan...appreciated!
                              Jon

Comment

I recently noticed that the one plugin I was using this on has stopped disable and enabling. I can do it fine manually. So I tested it on another plugin and it also would not disable and enable. I am running the version dated 7-19-20 which appears to be the latest available. My user rights are below - I think that is all ok. This was definitely working before but I can't be sure when it stopped. Any pointers? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.58.16 PM.png
Views:	175
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1486377

Comment

Working...
                                X