Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer Plugin Enable/Disable utility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I just rechecked the logs. All that was logged was that the event was triggered, and the wait between the scripts. Shortly thereafter the "initializing IR" entry where I manually stopped/started the interface.

    My system is at 2.5.0.20. What version do I need to be at?

    Comment


      #17
      mterry63,

      I also am on 2.5.20, and tried the script. I did not have a use for it, but it is nice to have tools when you need them.

      I was not able to get it to run either. So, must be something in the version that is not allowing the script to run.

      --Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

      Comment


        #18
        Can you try disabling a plugin. If that works, there may be an error in the script.
        Jon

        Comment


          #19
          Hmm, I just tried an Event to disable the SIP Connector plugin, and nothing happened. The event was logged but the plugin wasn't disabled.

          Comment


            #20
            Could you post your entry in the ini file and also let me know if you are using the normal or pro version of HS.
            Jon

            Comment


              #21
              Just home from work to try this out again:

              30/11/2011 17:43:57 - Event - Running script in background: Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","Applied Digital Ocelot;2;0")
              30/11/2011 17:43:58 - Plug-In - Shutting down Infrared Plug-In: Applied Digital Ocelot
              30/11/2011 17:43:58 - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface

              30/11/2011 17:44:35 - Event - Running script in background: Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","Applied Digital Ocelot;2;1")
              30/11/2011 17:44:35 - Plug-In - Initializing Infrared interface Applied Digital Ocelot (plugin config dictates port settings, see config in setup)
              30/11/2011 17:44:35 - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface Applied Digital Ocelot


              This is on 2.5.0.44 HSPro

              Perhaps there is something wrong using Localhost as the URL internally with your setup? There is an override by calling the script with an extra IP parameter i.e.


              Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","Applied Digital Ocelot;2;0;192.168.1.10")

              where 192.168.1.10 is the actual IP address of your Homeseer machine.
              Jon

              Comment


                #22
                will try that. I am on HS normal 2.5.0.20.

                --Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I am still on .29 (Pro) and i've just installed the script and it works flawlessly, nice work Jon thanks.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Could you post your entry in the ini file and also let me know if you are using the normal or pro version of HS.
                    Which ini file are you referring to?

                    I'm on HS Standard, not pro.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Sorry, I meant the script call.
                      Jon

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Tried it adding the IP of Homeseer server in the script, no change. Does the web port matter? I'm running on 8080.

                        Also, on the web server config "Bind Server to IP Address: (Strongly recommend 'No Binding')" I DO NOT have 'No Binding' selected.

                        Once I can shut the thing down I can try it with no binding if you think it makes a difference.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Here's what I had in the parameters last time I tested the script:

                          ("Main","SIP Connector;1;0;192.168.1.150")

                          I've tried it without the IP as well. An of course originally with the Ocelot module.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Of course, once I read my last reply I realized that '192.168.1.150' is NOT the IP address of my Homeseer server.

                            Changed it to the correct address of 4.150 and now it works. Thanks for working that out with me!

                            The undocumented parameter of IP address did the trick! Leave it to a user to do something (slightly) unexpected and not bind to localhost!

                            I expect this to be a very useful tool, thanks for writing it.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                              Tried it adding the IP of Homeseer server in the script, no change. Does the web port matter? I'm running on 8080.

                              Also, on the web server config "Bind Server to IP Address: (Strongly recommend 'No Binding')" I DO NOT have 'No Binding' selected.

                              Once I can shut the thing down I can try it with no binding if you think it makes a difference.
                              The script reads the port setting directly from Homeseer's settings.ini so it should not make a difference.

                              I'll load a copy of the standard version of Homeseer on a spare PC and see if it works here.
                              Jon

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                                Of course, once I read my last reply I realized that '192.168.1.150' is NOT the IP address of my Homeseer server.

                                Changed it to the correct address of 4.150 and now it works. Thanks for working that out with me!

                                The undocumented parameter of IP address did the trick! Leave it to a user to do something (slightly) unexpected and not bind to localhost!

                                I expect this to be a very useful tool, thanks for writing it.
                                That's good news. Its lucky that I do put in undocumented features... that one was for testing!
                                Jon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X