Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer Plugin Enable/Disable utility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    There are a lot of places where scripting the web interface would be useful. For example in the Z-wave locks, the web interface can disable and enable codes but not through scripting.

    Care to share some insights on how this might be done? Will a wget with the right post parameters work, or is there actually a simpler way?

    I think a lot of people, me included, would like a way to enable/disable a temporary code for the Schlage locks.

    Comment


      #32
      I don't know of an easy way.

      You are right it is a matter of posting the correct parameters however it's not that easy to decode and there are changes to the string with each HS session.
      Jon

      Comment


        #33
        Wow, put the IP address in there and BINGO, script started working like a champ!

        Thanks!

        --Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

        Comment


          #34
          Version 1.02 is now available

          Since a few have been having issues, I've updated the script to version 1.02.

          Rather than using Localhost, it will now use the actual IP address of the HS server. Undocumented parameter 4 is still active if necessary.
          Jon

          Comment


            #35
            Genius

            Just wanted to post a quick thanks for this script. I had spent the better part of the afternoon dealing with an issue that left me unable to manually enable the Global cache ir plug-in, when a google search brought me to this forum thread. Your script did what HomeSeer refused to let me do the easy way. i know it wasn't a ton of money, but I did hit up the Donate button too.

            Thanks a bunch for the assist!

            WeaslyD

            Comment


              #36
              Thanks very much...I am amazed how many people have found a use for this!
              Jon

              Comment


                #37
                Thanks for the script - easy and very useful

                Really found this useful - when going from one home to another - running a bunch of events to close down one and "turn on " the other - was able to disable random lighting plugin, edit .ini file to change devices, then enable random lighting for location we exited. ( Have remote ZWave devices )

                Getting to be one of you real fans with all the useful scripts you're providing.

                Thanks again

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by brsanders View Post
                  Really found this useful - when going from one home to another - running a bunch of events to close down one and "turn on " the other - was able to disable random lighting plugin, edit .ini file to change devices, then enable random lighting for location we exited. ( Have remote ZWave devices )

                  Getting to be one of you real fans with all the useful scripts you're providing.

                  Thanks again
                  Glad you found it useful
                  Jon

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Plugin Enable/Disable utility for Homeseer 3 - WORKS GREAT!

                    Jon,

                    First I'd like to echo another members comments...

                    "YOU ARE AWESOME!"

                    I just downloaded and was able to use your "Plugin Enable/Disable utility for Homeseer 3."

                    It worked GREAT!

                    What I used it for was to add a new button to my "System" Screen on HSTouch that allows me to reset my "EnvisaLink" DSC Alarm System Plug-in. Every once and a while it seems that this plug-in needs a kick in the __ to get it to read in the current state of the alarm system. Now if I think its not responding right I can simply force it to restart and thus initialize the state and communication with my EnvisaLink card.

                    Now my System Screen has two useful resets. One that allows me to Restart HS3 and now this one for my EnvisaLink Alarm plug-in...

                    Think I just may add another one to reset my "ISYInsteon" plugin that sometimes might need help from a forced reset.

                    Now if I could get HS3 to Reboot my ISY994i. The hunt is one for this one...

                    Thanks again!

                    Rich

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by rjbur View Post
                      Jon,

                      First I'd like to echo another members comments...

                      "YOU ARE AWESOME!"

                      I just downloaded and was able to use your "Plugin Enable/Disable utility for Homeseer 3."

                      It worked GREAT!

                      What I used it for was to add a new button to my "System" Screen on HSTouch that allows me to reset my "EnvisaLink" DSC Alarm System Plug-in. Every once and a while it seems that this plug-in needs a kick in the __ to get it to read in the current state of the alarm system. Now if I think its not responding right I can simply force it to restart and thus initialize the state and communication with my EnvisaLink card.

                      Now my System Screen has two useful resets. One that allows me to Restart HS3 and now this one for my EnvisaLink Alarm plug-in...

                      Think I just may add another one to reset my "ISYInsteon" plugin that sometimes might need help from a forced reset.

                      Now if I could get HS3 to Reboot my ISY994i. The hunt is one for this one...

                      Thanks again!

                      Rich
                      Thanks very much!
                      Jon

                      Comment


                        #41
                        This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

                        But it has one problem:
                        Make sure you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup, Network Tab, Web
                        Server Settings. If this is not ticked, the script will fail to work.
                        I really, really don't want to allow local logins as it is network wide. I don't like the idea that people can generally hack my Wifi, and just a few clicks later open the front door.

                        It's not a huge risk, I admit, but at least I can do something about it.


                        It would be better to provide a username/password in a ini-file or something. Is it possible?
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I did look before and found no resolution to the problem...sorry.
                          Jon

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I don't know how you do what this script does, but if you are parsing the web page (and it seems likely that you do) then shouldn't it be just a matter of supplying the correct credentials?
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                            Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Can you log into Homeseer with your credentials in the URL?
                              Jon

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Can you log into Homeseer with your credentials in the URL?
                                Yes. In Chrome and Firefox. Not IE.


                                ... but this should work?
                                Code:
                                        Dim uri As New UriBuilder
                                        uri.Host = "localhost"
                                        uri.Port = 80
                                        uri.Path = "some_path"
                                        uri.Query = "some_query_if_needed"
                                        uri.UserName = "HS_user"
                                        uri.Password = "HS_password"
                                
                                
                                        Dim postReq As Net.HttpWebRequest = Net.WebRequest.Create(uri.Uri)
                                        postReq.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential(uri.UserName, uri.Password)
                                        postReq.Method = "POST"
                                        postReq.KeepAlive = True
                                        postReq.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
                                        postReq.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/4.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)"
                                
                                        Dim postreqstream As IO.Stream = postReq.GetRequestStream()
                                        postreqstream.Close()
                                
                                        Dim postresponse As Net.HttpWebResponse = DirectCast(postReq.GetResponse(), Net.HttpWebResponse)
                                        Dim postreqreader As New IO.StreamReader(postresponse.GetResponseStream())
                                        Dim output As String = postreqreader.ReadToEnd
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                                Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X