X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To disable/enable a plugin requires its position to be known in the list. I cannot see any correlation with the list in settings.ini
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      To disable/enable a plugin requires its position to be known in the list. I cannot see any correlation with the list in settings.ini
      You are right (off course ). I was looking into the settings.ini and noticed the same list of plugins (together with instances) was in there. If sorted, it would get you the list of plugins... however, as soon as a plugin is disabled it is removed from the settings.ini so this will never work.

Only other thing I can think of is to interpret the /interfaces html page... as I couldn't find any other place where a list of plugins (with instances) are stored.
      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        Only other thing I can think of is to interpret the /interfaces html page... as I couldn't find any other place where a list of plugins (with instances) are stored.
        Which happens now when you enter the plugin name. The problem is that it will select the first instance of the named plugin found (if more than one installed) which may be incorrect.
        Jon

Comment

Which happens now when you enter the plugin name. The problem is that it will select the first instance of the named plugin found (if more than one installed) which may be incorrect.
          But that is only part of the problem. The real problem (at least for me) is that if there are any additional instances, the numbering seems wrong. Suppose I have 10 plugins, 2 of them with an additional instance. So there are 12 lines on the /interface page. Then I like to disable the Z-Wave plugin (that has no additional instances and is usually at the bottom of the list), but using your script with "Z-Wave;0" parameters caused the plugin 2 lines above the Z-Wave plugin to be disabled...
          stefxx

Comment

I understand. The problem is that there is no standard what is put in the plugin list and developers do what they want with HTML code, buttons, links etc. It gets worse when there are entries where you cannot disable an instance (remote plugins) so the list position has to be corrected to reflect this too.
            Jon

Comment

Version 2 is now available

Version 2 of this script is now available.

A list of plugins is now automatically populated on a list and you can enable/disable these via standard Homeseer events.

Removing/adding plugins should have no effect on events set to control other plugins.

Whilst I have not fully resolved the multi-instance plugin issue, I'm happy to work with people to get this resolved.

There is currently full support for multi-instance plugins for:
              • Spud Plugins
              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I've been trying v2 of this plugin and see a regular message in the logs:
                Code:
                Script Jon00Plugin.vben is currently running, waiting for it complete before its run again
                I restarted my system on May 2nd and so far have seen that message 313 times. The script was run on restart, but has not been used since then to enable or disable plugins. Any ideas?

Thanks
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Al,

I had to use hs.RegisterStatusChangeCB in this new version so that changes in the lists are recorded. You must have a very active system as every call is immediately terminated (under 1ms) unless related to the script.

I'm sure you are aware that the device Scriptname/Scriptfunc has been broken for over a year so I could not use that.
                  Jon

Comment

Hi Al,

I had to use hs.RegisterStatusChangeCB in this new version so that changes in the lists are recorded. You must have a very active system as every call is immediately terminated (under 1ms) unless related to the script.

I'm sure you are aware that the device Scriptname/Scriptfunc has been broken for over a year so I could not use that.
                    Thanks Jon, it's a pretty busy system, but not too crazy either. Would it make sense to allow multiple copies to run?

Thanks
                    Al

Comment

I also have an active system and getting the same log entries. 793 since May 2. I didn't say anything about them and only realized how many by filtering on them.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Thanks Jon, it's a pretty busy system, but not too crazy either. Would it make sense to allow multiple copies to run?

Thanks
                        Al
                        When using hs.RegisterStatusChangeCB, it does allow multiple copies to run!
                        Jon

Comment

Is that something you have to embed in your script, or is there something we can change when it is called in startup?
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Jon, do you know why the error message is generated then? I assumed it was generated by HS3 if the script was already running when it was called again.

Thanks
                            Al

Comment

I have no idea. Only HST can answer that one. Whilst it is annoying, I very much doubt it is putting additional strain on the system. There would not be an issue if the device Scriptname/Scriptfunc bug was fixed

It was discussed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1274443
                              Jon

Comment

Problem with enable/disable

Jon

Hi

I installed your enable/disable utility to see if it would help me with a problem I was having with a plugin that was freezing up.

The install was successful , but when I try to disable (or enable) a plugin either directly from the device created or from the event, nothing happens.

The log shows

"Jun-07 5:31:40 AM
                                Device Control
                                Device: Utility Jon00 Plugin Disable PI to Select Plugin (9) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

but the plugins are not enabled or disabled.

Anything I might be missing?

Any help appreciated

Zsima

Comment

Working...
                                X