X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
    Jon:

I loaded your utility tonight - it allows me to work around an issue that a plugin is having re: losing connectivity to my Roomba vacuum. My wife and I thank you - cleanliness is restored!

Regards,
    Paul
    No Problem!
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Sanci View Post
      Hi,

I have problem, I tried Version2.
      Event disable Modbus plugin, wait 30 sec, enable modbus plugin, wait 30 sec, restart event.
      Sometimes work (3x, 4x), and error:

Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0xb4750b18 + 0x00177> in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0xb474fb70 + 0x0004c> in :0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) <0xb3e24c68 + 0x02acd> in :0

Please help me.
      Thanks
      Sanci
      For those of you running this on Linux with the timeout issue shown above, please try version 1.0.6 (on my site) to see if it helps.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

For those of you running this on Linux with the timeout issue shown above, please try version 1.0.6 (on my site) to see if it helps.
        Hi,

Unfortunately, it didn't help.

Error:
        Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0xb5128b18 + 0x00177> in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0xb5127b70 + 0x0004c> in :0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) <0xb3c08000 + 0x02d6d> in :0

Thanks,
        Sanci

Comment

One more thing:
          In this case, you cannot select plug-in

Sanci

Comment

Originally posted by Sanci View Post

Hi,

Unfortunately, it didn't help.

Error:
            Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) &lt;0xb5128b18 + 0x00177&gt; in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () &lt;0xb5127b70 + 0x0004c&gt; in :0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) &lt;0xb3c08000 + 0x02d6d&gt; in :0

Thanks,
            Sanci
            All is not lost!

Open up Jon00Plugin.ini (found in your Config folder) and under the [Settings] heading add:

UseInterface=2

If that also fails, change it to:

UseInterface=3

Hopefully one will work!
            Jon

Comment

Hi all,

I'm trying to use this plugin to restart my arduino plugin (having problems with that one but that's a different story).

Did all the settings as suggested, plugins appear in the selection list. I created an event to stop and start the arduino plugin but it does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Any suggestions?
                Decouple the direct connection between ESP12E and HS plugin by using a IP protocol such as MQTT. MQTT is designed to deal with IOT devices that may drop offine such as those that go to sleep to conserve battery. While your micro is not intentionally dropping out, the features of the protocol are more robust. Tasmota is a nice firmware package that can be loaded in ESP and it will give you HTTP and MQTT as well as a nice management interface. You could also roll-your-own sketch with Arduino IDE and include Wifi and pubsub libraries. This later option is more difficult and more limited.

Comment

I've been running into some issues with both v1 and V2. They work for most folks so I'm sure it's something with my system, just not sure what other than sheer complexity.

V1

V1 disables the wrong plugin. I have an event that enables the withings plugi, waits 4 minutes, and then disables it. But enable appears to do nothing, and then when the disable fires, it disables the WeatherXML plugin (The one right above it i the plug-in list)

Jun-28 8:54:54 AM Info Plugin weatherXML with instance: has disconnected
                  Jun-28 8:54:54 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: weatherXML
                  Jun-28 8:54:44 AM Event Running script in background: c:/program files (x86)/homeseer hs3/scripts/Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","Withings;0")

V2 throws an error when trying to set the Enable or Disable device.

Jun-28 8:14:27 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode15.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)

System is WIndows 10 Workstation. Dual XEON processors and 64 GB RAM. CPU rarely spikes above 20%.

Any ideas. Should I try UseInterface=2/UseInterface=3 a try. Do i need to restart or can i just re-run the script to load the new ini values?
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

With V1, have you tried the manual method i.e. the count position in the plugin list?
                    Jon

Comment

I'll give that a run.... it's #78 out of 79 (starting at 0 and not including the built in HSTouch). I was trying to stay away from the number thing as it would require re-doing the events everytime I added or removed a Plug in.

Comment

Update:Yes, enable/disable by number works correctly. Name is more convenient, but this works. I just need to keep track of what Number various plugs are, and when I add/remove, I'll adjust events accordingly.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                          Update:Yes, enable/disable by number works correctly. Name is more convenient, but this works. I just need to keep track of what Number various plugs are, and when I add/remove, I'll adjust events accordingly.

Thanks.
                          Hi,
                          Specifically, how do I enable/disable by number? I am using the V2 plugin on a HS Ze 2
                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Hi,
                            Specifically, how do I enable/disable by number? I am using the V2 plugin on a HS Ze 2
                            Thanks in advance.
                            Its only available in V1
                            Jon

Comment

G'day Jon

I have installed this plugin to troubleshoot a potential problem I am having with another - I'm going to disable and (20 seconds later) re-enable the plugin every few hours.

Worked an absolute treat the first time - BOTH the disable and enable worked fantastic.

Every time thereafter nothing happens and the following error appears in my log:

7/16/2020 8:19:41 PM
                              Script
                              Jon00_Plugin
                              Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000f8] in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00016] in :0 at scriptcode4.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) [0x00a23] in :0

Running with your V2 plugin with HS4 on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                                Worked an absolute treat the first time - BOTH the disable and enable worked fantastic.

Every time thereafter nothing happens and the following error appears in my log
                                Just confirming rebooting the system makes the disable and enable work again - once only each. Then its back to failing again until rebooted again, and so forth.

Comment

Working...
                                X