Page Builder Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Builder Error

I'm getting the following error when controlling devices through the page builder.

Unknown post/put request, data is control_device=Family+Room+Desk+Light%3Don&control_device=On

The devices do respond to the command, but I have to press the back button to get back to the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

To be honest I don't have any ideas. Have you tried this with different browsers or is it specific to just one?
    Jon

Comment

I have tried IE 8 & 9, Firefox, Windows phone 7 and iPad. All the same.

Comment

OK, would you please post the entry in the ini file that you have used to control this device.
        Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

Here is the segment. It is basicly your sample that I subistuted in my strings with.

***** Column 1 Section 1 *****
          Column1Heading1=Lights - Family Room
          Column1Heading1SpacerTop=0
          Column1Heading1SpacerBottom=3
          Column1Heading1Height=
          Column1SubHeadingLeft1= Status
          Column1SubHeadingRight1=Light
          Column1SubHeadingRightExtra1= Control
          Column1SubHeadingHeight1=
          Column1Section1Spacer=1
          Column1Section1VerticalSpacer=1
          Column1Section1LeftAlign=
          Column1Section1RightAlign=
          Column1Section1RightExtraAlign=
          Column1Section1WidthLeft=100
          Column1Section1WidthRight=
          Column1Section1-1Left=Device\35
          Column1Section1-1Right=FirePlace1
          Column1Section1-1RightExtra=ButtonDevice On ,Family Room Fireplace 1=on||80%,Family Room Fireplace 1=ddim=80%||50%,Family Room Fireplace 1=ddim=50%||20%,Family Room Fireplace 1=ddim=20%|| Off ,Family Room Fireplace 1=off
          Column1Section1-1Height=

Column1Section1-2Left=Device\40
          Column1Section1-2Right=FirePlace2
          Column1Section1-2RightExtra=ButtonDevice On ,Family Room Fireplace 2=on||80%,Family Room Fireplace 2=ddim=80%||50%,Family Room Fireplace 2=ddim=50%||20%,Family Room Fireplace 2=ddim=20%|| Off ,Family Room Fireplace 2=off
          Column1Section1-2Height=
          Column1Section1-3Left=Device\52
          Column1Section1-3Right=Couch Light
          Column1Section1-3RightExtra=ButtonDevice On ,Family Room Couch Light=on||80%,Family Room Couch Light=ddim=80%||50%,Family Room Couch Light=ddim=50%||20%,Family Room Couch Light=ddim=20%|| Off ,Family Room Couch Light=off
          Column1Section1-3Height=
          Column1Section1-4Left=Device\22
          Column1Section1-4Right=Reading Light
          Column1Section1-4RightExtra=ButtonDevice On ,Family Room Reading Light=on||80%,Family Room Reading Light=ddim=80%||50%,Family Room Reading Light=ddim=50%||20%,Family Room Reading Light=ddim=20%|| Off ,Family Room Reading Light=off
          Column1Section1-4Height=
          Column1Section1-5Left=Device\12
          Column1Section1-5Right=Desk Light
          Column1Section1-5RightExtra=ButtonDevice On ,Family Room Desk Light=on||80%,Family Room Desk Light=ddim=80%||50%,Family Room Desk Light=ddim=50%||20%,Family Room Desk Light=ddim=20%|| Off ,Family Room Desk Light=off
          Column1Section1-5Height=

Comment

Everything looks OK.

I copied one of your control button strings into a test file and configured a device to match yours. Everything worked fine with the page refreshing correctly.

What version of HS are you using? I found one of the earlier builds had a problem with the web server not serving/refreshing correctly but the latest .44 works OK for me.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
              I'm running HS 2.5.1. I attached the entire config file here if that helps. I may have messed something else up whn modifing your sample. Thanks for looking at this when you can.

Chad.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, I figured this out. As long as I put the full URL in then it works fine. What I was doing was using the custom web page 1 as my home button under setup->web site. That field does not allow me to put in the full url you can only put the page you want. So I entered:

buildpage.sh?val-homepage

That worked fine when I pressed the home button in HS I go the dashboard. But, it causes the error I posted.

I created a second custom web page that allows a full URL and that works fine. So, it is somthing about the relative URL causing the error....

Chad.

Comment

There has been a bug with the home page not allowing parameters when using .asp/.ash web pages. If you rename your ini to homepage.ini, it will be called automatically if you just enter /buildpage.ash without any extra parameters.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X