No announcement yet.

Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, I've just loaded this on HS4 and I see the text issue (Updated not on a new line) but the icon displays correctly.

I'll still make some changes but I wonder why some people see this and not others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	230
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1422873
    Jon

Comment

That is odd, If I refresh the page I get the standard white cog in a black circle until there is an update for the device then the image changes to what I posted and I get the log errors.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Version 1.0.5 has been released:

Changes:

Now fully compatible with Homeseer 4
        New icons supplied (old still available)
        Client updated to use the latest dll
        Jon

Comment

Does this PI work with BT key finders ??

Comment

No, they use Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
            Jon

Comment

Any thoughts on how this may work with the Bluetooth built into many car stereos now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                Any thoughts on how this may work with the Bluetooth built into many car stereos now?
                Discovery does pick up some car stereo Bluetooth ID's so all I can suggest is you try it with your own setup.
                Jon

Comment

When using multiple PC's with the client, does the device (i.e. phone or other bt device) need to be paired with each PC or just the first one?

Comment

When using multiple PC's with the client, does the device (i.e. phone or other bt device) need to be paired with each PC or just the first one?
                    Each client is independent so would require pairing to each PC.
                    Jon

Comment

Each one.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Discovery does pick up some car stereo Bluetooth ID's so all I can suggest is you try it with your own setup.
                        So I tried this with my car this afternoon and it paired with the laptop I am testing with in the kitchen without issue and showed up. However after pairing I shut off my car and the last detected time is still updating like it is still connected, even though it is not. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

That sounds like it paired with Windows but not with the client.

Go to the client directory and open up Settings.txt in a text editor

There should be a line marked Paired=

Do you see the ID number of the Car Stereo against this setting?
                          Jon

Comment

No, they use Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
                            But the PI can be used as the detector, right? Just making sure...

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

But the PI can be used as the detector, right? Just making sure...
                              No, it is not compatible with BLE....just standard Bluetooth.
                              Jon

Comment

No, it is not compatible with BLE....just standard Bluetooth.
                                If I m able to add an external BT USB stick to the PI can I then use this plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X