Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Why does the BT plugin always think my wife is home?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Why does the BT plugin always think my wife is home?!?!?

So the plugin works great for me... when I leave, it sets the thermostats to 78, and when I get home it welcomes me and sets them to 74, and starts Pandora on my favorite channel. All great!

BUT - it thinks my wife is always home. Last poll for her phone is always the last time it polled, even though she's away at work. Windows 7 Bluetooth configuration shows the device is disconnected or connected correctly. I believe this is coming from the tray icon app that runs, because if I mouseover the icon it shows her phone name and unique ID. She's at work right now and I have no doubt her phone is with her because we've spoke on it recently :-)

Any ideas?

I'll attach a screenshot in a second...

Screenshot showing her phone being constantly recognized...
    Attached Files

Comment

Additional information, the listing for her phone, which is constantly updated for some reason as being present, is confirmed as the same device ID as Windows 7 sees in the Bluetooth management tool included with Windows 7 (when converted from HEX to Binary.)

Thanks,
      Adam

Comment

This would happen if you have paired your wife's phone directly via Windows and not via the client.

Open up settings.txt for each client and ensure that the BT ID for your wife's phone is listed under the paired= entry. Each ID number should be separated by a comma.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon for the info... looking into it now...

Comment

Interesting... it looks like only my phone is under the Paired= line. Can I simply add hers with the comma and be good?

Settings saved 6/19/2012 6:01:33 PM
            Jon00 Blue V2.0.2 (HS) - client for use with Jon00 Homeseer Bluetooth Proximity script. Contact: Jon00@btinternet.com

Comment

Ok added and it now no longer shows her device logged in all of the time. When she gets home from work (who knows when... she's on call at the hospital tonight) I'll test it and see if it's all working. Such a great plug-in!

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Good stuff...let me know if it works or not.
                Jon

Comment

Well she got home today and it welcomed her home, set the thermostat to her preferred temperature and started playing Pandora on her favorite channel. Looks like we're all set!

Thanks for your support! I think it's time to donate.

Comment

Working...
                  X