Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pause watchdog timer

Hi Jon00,

I am using your Watchdog timer and it is perfect for my system, but I am wondering if there is a way I can essentially "Pause" the watchdog timer. The timer is great for monitoring 99% of my system, and in 99% of the time it will function and trigger a reset as it should, however once a week I do a full directory backup of homeseer, and it tends to trigger a reset for whatever reason.

Is there a way I can trigger your event to pause before the backup starts, and when it is finished I can run your watchdog again, and if it can be turned on / off without the pending reset being triggered as it did not receive the reset and restart the timer, what is the script command for doing this?

I can then add it prior to the backup starting, and once the backup is finished.

Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I don't think you really want to do that. For the moment, set the following in the ini file:

CPUTrigger=100
    CPULogging=1

Wait a day and then check the CPU log when your backups happen. Take a note of the highest reading. Add say 5 and then set CPUTrigger to that value.
    Jon

Comment

Working...
    X