Issue with CCNM kill process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with CCNM kill process

I have sleep and WOL working well on two PCs. I just ran into a problem with MainLobby 4 reconnecting with WOL so I decided to kill the process before I sleep and restart it when I WOL. I set up an event to kill the MainLobby process and it doesn't work. I tried with a couple of other apps as well and had no luck. I am running the script as follows:

Jon00RCCNM.vben("main","2||kill||mainlobby")

Thoughts? Thanks.

Go to windows task manager and check the process name for mainlobby.
    Jon

Comment

I did that - it shows as MainLobby.exe. I tried using the correct capital letters and this didn't work. So I tried killing taskmgr.exe and that didn't work either. It is not working on either PC that I have the CCNM installed on. BTW - this app is awesome - I will have to add to my donations! Unfortunately with the cost of living where you are it might only cover a couple of portions of chips!

I was about to purchase a similar app from Cinemar - but theirs didn't work - couldn't even turn on or off monitor or touchscreen!

Comment

Can you try opening up notepad and then trying to kill that (notepad).
        Jon

Comment

ok, that doesn't work. I can confirm that sleep, wol, ssaveron/off are working.

Comment

Most strange. Just tried it here and works fine. Can you confirm that your device 2 config is set correctly to the client installed on your PC.
            Jon

Comment

I know that communication between the machines is working because other commands are working. Is there anything about the client configuration that would cause this command to fail?

Comment

If you were using the same scripting method for the other commands (sleep, ssaver etc) then I agree that you are doing it correctly. If however you had been using the buttons on the virtual device to operate the client then there could be an issue with the correct client number in your scripting command.

If that is confirmed, I cannot see why this will not work as it is a standard .NET call to kill a process.
                Jon

Comment

I am executing through events in the web interface. I create each new event by copying the last. See the image below. Perhaps you can see something I am missing. Both clients are Windows XP.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Simon,

I have sent you an updated client to try. I think I have spotted the issue.
                    Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X